80 Anti-Bullying Quotes to Defend Everyone from Harassment
According to official statistics, one in five kids and teenagers aged 10 to 18 years have experienced some form of bullying at school, with the phenomenon reaching an all-time high and becoming an issue of great concern for kids and parents alike. Here we have collected for you the most inspirational anti bullying quotes about how to cope with it.
Although the problem is more pronounced amid kids and youth, it is not limited just to children and teenagers at school, but it can also take place in the workplace, in relationships, in the neighborhood and nowadays, with the pervasive use of social media, online bullying is becoming an epidemic.
Bullies have a sadistic personality and employ physical, emotional or verbal abuse to harm, intimidate or coerce those they think do not fit in, either due to their physical appearance or social status. Sometimes bullying gets violent including assault, theft or demands for money or other possessions. Apart from the obvious health issues, bullying can have serious effects on the victims like fear, anxiety, low self-esteem, depression and other psychological problems which may last a lifetime.
Aggressive behavior and abuse shouldn’t be tolerated. You should remember that bullies feed on the fear they strike into their victims, so remain assertive and exhibit positive body language. Whether you are a victim or a bystander, speak up and take a stand for what is right, but above all do not keep it secret. Speak with teachers and family or someone in authority. Bullying is a serious psychosocial problem that concerns all of us. For more information or help on how to deal with bullying you can visit www.apa.org/topics/bullying
Share these quotes with friends and loved ones or someone in need, in order to encourage them. Reflect upon them to realize your strength and why you should always stand up against injustice!
Stop Bullying Quotes
The following uplifting quotes will inspire positive energy, empowering you to speak out and confront bullying, making it clear that such behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated!
- Children learn bullying behavior from adults, but no one talks about this transfer of destructive behavior. Jennifer Fraser
- Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment. Zack W. Van
- Bullying is not okay. Period. Jim C. Hines
- I would rather be a little nobody, than to be a evil somebody. Abraham Lincoln
- If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. Desmond Tutu
- Never do a wrong thing to make a friend–or to keep one. Robert E. Lee
- Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato
- Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this. Katherine Jenkins
- Strong people stand up from themselves. But the strongest people stand up for others. Unknown
- Bullies thrive wherever authority is weak. Tim Field
- Even after the bruises disappear, the scars inside you are still there. J.W. Lynne
- I’ve realized that you become a bully if you are just watching someone get bullied and you don’t say anything. Speak up! Emma Roberts
- Leadership is not bullying and leadership is not aggression. Leadership is the expectation that you can use your voice for good. That you can make the world a better place. Sheryl Sandberg
- My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain. Charlie Chaplin
- Not all forms of abuse leave bruises. Danielle Steel
- Bullying is never fun, it’s a cruel and terrible thing to do to someone. If you are being bullied, it is not your fault. No one deserves to be bullied, ever. Raini Rodriguez
- Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can hurt like hell. Chuck Palahniuk
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We need to get rid of bullying. We need to get rid of abuse. We need to get rid of harassment. We need to get rid of the casting couch. Instead, we need to build the bench. Nancy Dubuc
- Speaking up, especially in childhood, is one of the hardest acts a person can do. It requires immense courage and sacrifice. Jennifer Fraser
- You can’t be against bullying without actually doing something about it. Randi Weingarten
- Nothing can prepare you for living or working with a sociopathic serial bully. It is the most devastating, draining, misunderstood, and ultimately futile experience imaginable. Tim Field
- If we are to stop bullying in schools, we have to start with teachers and administrators. If we want to stop it, we have to stop it. Chris Crutcher
Anti-Bullying Quotes To Build Self Confidence
Bullies love being the leader of the crowd. They draw power from having an audience and the fear they inspire into their victims. Standing up for yourself but also for others who are weak will deny the bully of the power he seeks.
- I’ve realized that being strong doesn’t mean you have to do it alone. Dona Carroll
- If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more. Taylor Swift
- All I can do is be me, whoever that is. Bob Dylan
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone
- One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered. Michael J. Fox
- Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke. Benjamin Disraeli
- Be yourself. Don’t worry about what other people are thinking of you, because they’re probably feeling the same kind of scared, horrible feelings that everyone does. Phil Lester
- Often the right path is the one that may be hardest for you to follow. But the hard path is also the one that will make you grow as a human being. Karen Mueller Coombs
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Go empower yourself. You need confidence because the one thing that bullying does is it belittles you, and it takes away your confidence, and nobody deserves that. Bill Goldberg
- Things will get easier, people’s minds will change, and you should be alive to see it. Ellen DeGeneres
- People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not. Wayne Gerard Trotman
- If there are no heroes to save you, then you be the hero. Denpa Kyoshi
- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. Judy Garland
- The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there… and still on your feet. Stephen King
- Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. William James
- When people see you’re happy doing what you’re doing, it sort of takes the power away from them to tease you about it. Wendy Mass
Quotes For Bullies and Toxic Behavior
Bullies are most of the time victims of violence themselves. They suffer from low-esteem and depression, and project their insecurities onto others. They bully and harass them to feel better themselves.
- Hurt brains hurt. Jennifer Fraser
- People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer. Dan Pearce
- You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down. Jeffrey Benjamin
- The malicious have a dark happiness. Victor Hugo
- No one heals himself by wounding another. St. Ambrose
- Bullying happens because weak people need to prop up their ego by beating up or humiliating others. Bruce Dickinson
- You should never make fun of something that a person can’t change about themselves. Phil Lester
- A bully hides his fears with fake bravado. That is the opposite of self-assertiveness. Nathaniel Branden
- What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life? Lynette Mather
- With ignorance comes fear – from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance. Kathleen Patel
- Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up? Sean Covey
- I was diamond on the outside, and I would not break. Inside, though, I was already broken. Shaun David Hutchinson
- Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it. Heather Brewer
- Everyone who wants to do good to the human race always ends in universal bullying. Aldous Huxley
- Psychopaths know intellectually what is immoral they just don’t have a feeling of immorality about it. Barbara Oakley
- A bully is playing a game, one that he or she enjoys and needs. Seth Godin
- People try to say suicide is the most cowardly act a man could ever commit. I don’t think that’s true at all. What’s cowardly is treating a man so badly that he wants to commit suicide. Tommy Tran
- Life is a ﬁght, but not everyone’s a ﬁghter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species. Andrew Vachss
- The smaller the mind the greater the conceit. Aesop
- Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if no one is doing it. St. Augustine
- The meanest people are the weakest people, for they do not even have the strength to believe in goodness. Do not let this be your life’s curse. Sean Patrick Brennan
- Because abuse is a cycle, those who now occupy positions of power may well have brains so steeped in normalized bullying and abuse, that they can no longer think clearly. Jennifer Fraser
Cyber Bullying Quotes
On-line bullying is becoming a major problem. Because it is underhanded and harder to see, it is more difficult to confront. Cyberbullying can make the victim’s life really miserable since it can be anonymous and reach a much wider audience.
- Freedom of Speech doesn’t justify online bullying. Words have power, be careful how you use them. Germany Kent
- People don’t realize how badly verbal harassment and cyber bullying affects you. I wish they had hit me in the face and gotten it over with, because what they said to me, sticks to me to this day. It affected me into the person that I am today. Demi Lovato
- The Internet can be used as a place to have a greater positive impact on the world, There’s a ton of positive initiatives online. The web should be used to inspire others, not spread hate or to hurt others. Justin Bieber
- If you’re insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside. Phil Lester
- Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm. Anna Maria Chavez
- Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue. Anna Maria Chavez
- We all have a responsibility with the words we post on the internet. If you wouldn’t want your mother, daughter, sister or friend to read it, don’t post it. Germany Kent
- While the bullying paradigm creates destabilizing, fear-inducing, unpredictable conditions, the cornerstone of learning and healthy brain wiring is safety. Jennifer Fraser
- Cyberbullying is Bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen, doesn’t make it less hateful, written words have power. Anon
- Cyberbullying is poised to turn into the biggest online concern, already affecting up to 35% of all children. Dr. Martyn Wild
Famous Quotes About Bullying
A collection of thoughtful quotes about bullying from some prominent figures and thinkers that provide insight on the problem of bullying and how to deal with it.
- The bullying was hideous and relentless, and we turned it round by making ourselves celebrities. Julian Clary
- If you’re horrible to me, I’m going to write a song about it, and you won’t like it. That’s how I operate. Taylor Swift
- By the time I came out, that kind of stopped it. The bullying stopped when I claimed myself and proved that I wasn’t afraid. A lot of it was when I was hiding when I was younger. Randy Harrison
- We have got to dispel this myth that bullying is just a normal rite of passage. Barack Obama
- It’s important to stand up to all forms of bullying, and it’s even more important for those who are around you to be just as courageous and stand with you! Normani Kordei
- Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are. Lady Gaga
- I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird. Frank Zappa
- We explain when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you do not stoop to their level. Our motto is when they go low, you go high. Michelle Obama
- Bullying is killing our kids. Being different is killing our kids and the kids who are bullying are dying inside. We have to save our kids whether they are bullied or they are bullying. They are all in pain. Cat Cora
- Now, I’ve always known that there were bullies in the world. We’ve seen a lot of it in politics lately as well as in daily life. You see it where people who may be stronger, or bigger, or better with verbiage than other folks… show off. To me, that’s what bullying is, showing off. It’s saying, I’m better than you, I can take you down. Not just physically, but emotionally. Whoopi Goldberg
- High school is hell; the further down the ladder you are, the more like Hell it becomes. For kids like Carrie, it’s really like the ninth circle of Hell. Stephen King
- Leadership means firmness, not harshness or bullying; understanding, not weakness; justice, not irresponsible freedom; humaneness, not intolerance; generosity, not selfishness; pride, not egotism. Omar N. Bradley
- People talk about bullying, but you can be your own bully in some ways. You can be the person who is standing in the way of your success, and that was the case for me. Katy Perry
- I wish every day could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the masks.
- What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my “friends” had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain. Jodee Blanco, Please Stop Laughing at Me… One Woman’s Inspirational Story
We have all had to deal with some form of bullying in our lives whether as kids or adults. Being assertive and self-confident is definitely the way to go, but there is more to it. Bullying is a serious problem that needs to be confronted by the whole community. We should all take a stand in order to curb bullying and be a catalyst for change. Everyone has a right to be different and should not be victimized for it, because in the end both the victim and the bully suffer, and the implications cut deep into society as a whole.
If you like it, pin it!
You May Also Like: