The Sky’s Fleeting Fantasy! 120 Cloud Quotes to Make You Dream
Why wouldn’t someone marvel at the beauty of clouds? Have you ever gazed at their amazing shapes and forms slowly moving over you? Their snow-white color is not the only one that decorates the sky; their spectacular shades of the sun going through them during daybreak and sunset are a must to capture. Others enjoy clouds most when they are greyish and are inspired to write poems, songs, and fairy tales. Besides, nature has a way to not only be a picture-perfect moment to our eyes, but a big part of our entire life, in feelings, metaphors, inspiration.
Famous expressions are used worldwide in their name and bring strength and hope as the silver linings are full of positive aspects in otherwise negative situations. Strong feelings and emotions are associated with them, as falling in love has its own cloud expression to be mentioned. Famous quotes referring to them can make great captions for Instagram posts that capture these fluffy flying masses or can be a simple read to ponder on and then share. Here you will find a variety of cloud quotes that will stimulate encouragement and motivate friends and loved ones to be creative, dream and pursue change.
Table of Contents
- Short Clouds Quotes and Clouds Captions
- Best Clouds Quotes
- Funny Clouds Quotes
- Positive Clouds Quotes
- Clouds Quotes About Life
- Poetic Quotes About Clouds
- Inspirational Clouds Quotes
- Cloud Quotes On Images
Short Clouds Quotes and Clouds Captions
- You must not blame me if I do talk to the clouds. Henry David Thoreau
- The sun always shines above the clouds.
- Gray skies are just clouds passing over. Duke Ellington
- Dance with the clouds.
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. Maya Angelou
- Behind every cloud is another cloud. Judy Garland
- Dark clouds become heaven’s flowers when kissed by light. Rabindranath Tagore
- Clouds suit my mood just fine.
- Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. Thich Nhat Hahn
- The clouds, – the only birds that never sleep. Victor Hugo
- Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- And from the midst of cheerless gloom I passed to bright unclouded day.
- For a second I was almost jealous of the clouds. Kamila Shamsie
- I liked my books and clouds and sunsets. S.E. Hinton
- There’s a bright spot in every dark cloud. Bruce Beresford
- A cloudless plain blue sky is like a flowerless garden. Terri Guillemets
- Throw open your window and let the scenery of clouds and sky enter your room. Yosa Buson
- You are the sky. The clouds are what happens, what comes and goes. Eckhart Tolle
- The sky is the daily bread of the eyes. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When I do not walk in the clouds I walk as though I were lost. Antonio Porchia
- What is eternal is the cloud drifting slowly out of sight.
- No dark cloud can forever prevent the sun from shining! Mehmet Murat ildan
- Every cloud has a silver lining. English Proverb
- Be the sun breaking through the clouds.
- I will clamber through the clouds and exist. John Keats
- Even when clouds grow thick, the sun still pours its light earthward. Mark Nepo
- For it is when calm clouds gather that thunder is made. Soroosh Shahrivar
- Clouds float in the same pattern only once. Wayne Shorter
- Happiness is like a cloud, if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates. Sarah McLachlan
- Clouds are the sky’s imagination. Terri Guillemets
- Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. Thich Nhat Hanh
- The sky is postcard dreamy now, the clouds less full of rain, the sun a little stronger every day.
- The clouds don’t overthink; they just drift.
- Clouds, they make a painting out of the sky. Marty Rubin
- Whisper your dream to a cloud. Ask the cloud to remember it. Yoko Ono
- I love the clouds… the clouds that pass by… over there… over there… those lovely clouds! Charles Baudelaire
- Never lose hope. The darkest clouds precede the loveliest rain!
- The sky and the sun are always there. It’s the clouds that come and go. Rachel Joyce
- How sweet to be a cloud. Floating in the blue! A. A. Milne
- Revelations are found in clouds. Serge King
- Those clouds are angels’ robes. Charles Kingsley
- Clouds are on top for a reason. They float so high because they refuse to carry any burden! Jasleen Kaur Gumber
- Tears are what makes us one with the clouds.
- Heavy clouds were putting out the stars.
- Anger so clouds the mind that it cannot perceive the truth. Cato the Elder
- Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water. Christopher Morley
- Don’t let one cloud obliterate the whole sky. Anais Nin
- I prefer the mystic clouds of nostalgia to the real thing, to be honest. Robert Wyatt
- Clouds symbolize the veils that shroud God. Honore de Balzac
Best Clouds Quotes
- We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that the sun can’t shine through. Miranda Kerr
- Without the frown of clouds and lightning, the vines would be burned by the smiling sun. Rumi
- Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
- If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formations. Charles M. Schulz
- A Dream is where a boy can swim in the deepest oceans and fly over the highest clouds. J. K. Rowling
- There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. Gilbert K. Chesterton
- Mirth is like a flash of lightning that breaks through a gloom of clouds and glitters for a moment.
- Clouds can never hide the sun forever; so don’t complain about clouds but never forget to welcome the sun.
- A cloud is made of billows upon billows upon billows that look like clouds. As you come closer to a cloud you don’t get something smooth, but irregularities at a smaller scale. Benoit Mandelbrot
- I came to a point where I needed solitude and just stop the machine of ‘thinking’ and ‘enjoying’ what they call ‘living’, I just wanted to lie in the grass and look at the clouds. Jack Kerouac
- The air moves like a river and carries the clouds with it; just as running water carries all the things that float upon it.
- The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn’t it be?–it is the same the angels breathe. Mark Twain
- Clouds are the most egalitarian of nature’s displays, since each one of us has a good view of them, so it really doesn’t matter where you are.
- When you are above the clouds, you go beyond the foolishness of the World and find peace!
- God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars. Martin Luther
- Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. Gautama Buddha
- We talk of sunshine and moonshine, but not of cloud-shine, which is yet one of the illuminations of our skies. A shining cloud is one of the most majestic of all secondary lights. Alice Meynell
- Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air and feather canyons everywhere, I’ve looked at clouds that way. Joni Mitchell
- A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all, he’s walking on them. Leonard Louis Levinson
- How sweet the morning air is! See how that one little cloud floats like a pink feather from some gigantic flamingo.
- Love is like the clouds of the sky. Through our prayers, they tell us where we are going. Alan Maiccon
- Why do I love clouds? Because you can’t save a cloud like you can save a leaf or a flower or a rock – clouds are now. Terri Guillemets
Funny Clouds Quotes
- Some people are like clouds. When they disappear, it’s a brighter day. Unknown
- Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view. George Carlin
- He has his head in the clouds. He must live in a skyscraper. Ljupka Cvetanova
- Let’s build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky. Bob Ross
- I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through. Jules Verne
Positive Clouds Quotes
- If clouds are blocking the sun, there will always be a silver lining that reminds me to keep on trying. Matthew Quick
- Whatever the clouds plan to do; I always trust in the sun which never fails to come out. Munia Khan
- Who cares about the clouds when we’re together? Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather. Dale Evans
- A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing. Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Don’t be sad! Because God sends hope in the most desperate moments. Don’t forget, the heaviest rain comes out of the darkest clouds. Rumi
- Look at your feet. You are standing in the sky. When we think of the sky, we tend to look up, but the sky actually begins at the earth. Diane Ackerman
- Misfortune is never mournful to the soul that accepts it; for such do always see that every cloud is an angel’s face. Lydia Maria Child
- When there is love in the heart, there are rainbows in the eyes, which cover every black cloud with gorgeous hues. Henry Ward Beecher
- Even behind prison walls I can see the heavy clouds and the blue sky over the horizon. Nelson Mandela
- Your smile brightens the lives of all who see it. To someone who has seen a dozen people frown, scowl or turn their faces away, your smile is like the sun breaking through the clouds. Dale Carnegie
- I see trees of green, red roses too. I see them bloom for me and you. And I think to myself what a wonderful world. I see skies of blue and clouds of white. The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night. And I think to myself what a wonderful world. Louis Armstrong
Clouds Quotes About Life
- When we feel stuck, look at the sky. The clouds remind us that everything changes. Unknown
- Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. Lord Byron
- Lose yourself. Escape from the black cloud that surrounds you. Then you will see your own light as radiant as the full moon. Rumi
- Above the cloud with its shadow is the star with its light. Above all things reverence thyself. Pythagoras
- Clouds cannot cover secret places, nor denials conceal truth. Demosthenes
- The mountain remains unmoved at its seeming defeat by the mist. Rabindranath Tagore
- Whoever has done harmful actions but later covers them up with good is like the moon which, freed from clouds, lights up the world. Gautama Buddha
- Nothing good bursts forth all at once. The lightning may dart out of a black cloud; but the day sends his bright heralds before him, to prepare the world for his coming. Augustus Hare
- It is a fantasy of everyone to live above the clouds! But everyone should also know that with one dream realised, many other dreams are lost! When living above the clouds, how can you live the beauties of walking under the rain!
- Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
- Emotional stability results from an attitude. It is refusing to yield to depression and fear, even when black clouds float overhead. It is improving that which can be improved and accepting that which is inevitable. James C. Dobson
- Afflictive emotions – our jealousy, anger, hatred, fear – can be put to an end. When you realize that these emotions are only temporary, that they always pass on like clouds in the sky, you also realize they can ultimately be abandoned. Dalai Lama
Poetic Quotes About Clouds
- -A cloud is never a mirror
-Words about clouds are clouds themselves
-If snow falls inside a cloud, only the cloud knows
-A cloud dreams only of triangles
-Clouds are in love with horizons
-The cloud that was gone would never come back
-Every lake desires a cloud
-A cloud is a cathedral without belief
-Clouds cannot see what we do under the umbrella
-Clouds are thoughts without words”
- Nature paints not; In oils, but frescoes the great dome of heaven; With sunsets, and the lovely forms of clouds; And flying vapors. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I know that I shall meet my fate somewhere among the clouds above; those that I fight I do not hate, those that I guard I do not love.
- I can be jubilant one moment and pensive the next, and a cloud could go by and make that happen. Bob Dylan
- Far clouds of feathery gold, shaded with deepest purple, gleam Like islands on a dark blue sea. Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Love is a cloud that scatters pearls. Rumi
- This is how I would die
into the love I have for you:
As pieces of cloud
dissolve in sunlight.
- I saw two clouds at morning tinged by the rising sun, and in the dawn they floated on and mingled into one. John Gardiner Calkins Brainard
- Here take back the stuff that I am, nature, knead it back into the dough of being, make of me a bush, a cloud, whatever you will, even a man, only no longer make me. Georg C. Lichtenberg
- Brushing the clouds away from my eyes, I see clarity in the raindrop and beauty in the first ray of morning sun… Life is strange and wondrous…
- The sky, a perfect empty canvas, offers clouds nonetheless. They shift and drift and beg interpretation… such is the nature of art. Jeb Dickerson
- No sound, once made, is ever truly lost. In electric clouds, all are safely trapped, and with a touch, if we find them, we can recapture those echoes of sad, forgotten wars, long summers, and sweet autumns.
- The sky, drunk with spring and giddy with its fumes, thickened with clouds. Low clouds, drooping at the edges like felt sailed over the woods and rain leapt from them, warm, smelling of soil and sweat, and washing the last of the black armor-plating of ice from the earth.
- Look at that,’ she whispered, and then after a moment: ‘I’d like to just get one of those pink clouds and put you in it and push you around. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The story of two dreams is a coincidence, a line drawn by chance, like the shapes of lions or horses that are sometimes formed by clouds.
Inspirational Clouds Quotes
- Watch the clouds. They will teach you about the world of form. Eckhart Tolle
- When people look at clouds they do not see their real shape, which is no shape at all, or every shape, because they are constantly changing. They see whatever it is that their heart yearns for. Jose Eduardo Agualusa
- He who seeks eternity should look at the sky, he who seeks the moment, should look at the cloud. Mia Couto
- Human minds are more full of mysteries than any written book and more changeable than the cloud shapes in the air. Louisa May Alcott
- The myth of unlimited production brings war in its train as inevitably as clouds announce a storm. Albert Camus
- We can speak without voice to the trees and the clouds and the waves of the sea. Without words they respond through the rustling of leaves and the moving of clouds and the murmuring of the sea. Paul Tillich
- Wise Man: One who sees the storm coming before the clouds appear. Elbert Hubbard
- There came a day when the clouds drifting along with the wind aroused a wanderlust in me, and I set off on a journey to roam along the seashores. Matsuo Basho
- Clouds in the sky very much resembles the thoughts in our minds! Both changes perpetually from one second to another! Mehmet Murat ildan
- A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed, it feels an impulsion… this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons. Richard Bach
Cloud Quotes On Images
You May Also Like: