What Does The Color of Leaves Say? | 87 Autumn Quotes
The beauty of this season is unique. The leaves change and there is a burst of colors from green to orange, yellow and red and the entire atmosphere becomes magical with that first perfect breeze. All these reasons and more are why poets, writers, authors and people in general, are so inspired and have created some of their greatest work referring to this time of year.
The warm affection the landscapes depict during this season is remarkable. The combination of vibrant earth toned colors bring out a sense of calm and tranquility while a sense of energy remains. The sounds of leaves ruffling all around is music to our ears. As this time of year has a powerfully attractive personality of its own, it’s also the perfect backdrop for amazing captions for Instagram posts, photographs and portraits. It can be a new start for many as a new beginning of change arrives. There is no better time to take on such adjustments than when beauty is surrounding you and is encouraging you to create and bring you a step closer to your dreams. It is that picture you capture and continue looking at, so to fulfill your ambitions and aspirations and be excited for what the future holds. It is always a delight to enjoy the harmony and mellow finesse of such a time.
Here you will find a great variety of quotes for family and friends to inspire, encourage and adore a magnificent time of the year. Also the images and quotes can be shared and admired by many as they can be used in captions for Instagram posts and other media.
Short Autumn Quotes
- Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
- Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.
- Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn. Elizabeth Lawrence
- I love fall most of all. Unknown
- Days decrease and autumn grows, autumn in everything.
- No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
- Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.
- Autumn is the season that teaches us that change can be beautiful. Unknown
- Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard.
- A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye. Unknown
- Autumn! The greatest show of all times!
- Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love—that makes life and nature harmonize. George Eliot
- Another fall, another turned page… Wallace Stegner
- I love fall most of all. Unknown
- Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree. Emily Brontë
- Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end.
- Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature. Friedrich Nietzsche
- An autumn garden has a sadness when the sun is not shining…
- And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.
- The leaves are changing; I feel poetry in the air.
- Falling autumn leaves gave the air an amber hue as though seen through a jar of honey.
- October’s poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter. Nova S. Blair
- Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence. Yoko Ono
- Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Autumn killed the summer with the softest kiss. Unknown
- In autumn, the forest undresses and I cannot look away.
Best Autumn Quotes
- Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits. Samuel Butler
- It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Scarecrows, corn rows, pumpkins on the vine. Leaves curl, wind swirls, Fall is right on time. Unknown
- Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods. William Wordsworth
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all. Stanley Horowitz
- Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns. George Eliot
- Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy say. Shira Tamir
- There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves. Joe L. Wheeler
- The name – of it – is “Autumn” –
The hue – of it – is Blood”
- This autumn-
why am I growing old?
bird disappearing among clouds.”
- “Come, little leaves,”
Said the wind one day,
“Come over the meadows
With me, and play;
Put on your dresses
Of red and gold;
Summer is gone,
And the days grow cold.”
- The goldenrod is yellow,
The corn is turning brown…
The trees in apple orchards
With fruit are bending down.
- The tints of autumn…a mighty flower garden blossoming under the spell of the enchanter, frost.
- Every year I fall for pumpkins, bonfires, s’mores, autumn leaves, apples & you. Unknown
- Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings. Terri Guillemets
- There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been. Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.
- Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar. Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
- It’s the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves! Winnie the Pooh, Pooh’s Grand Adventure
- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.
- Autumn leaves are falling, filling up the streets; golden colors on the lawn, nature’s trick or treat! Rusty Fischer
- Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. Lauren DeStefano
- And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and autumn was awakened. Raquel Franco
- In autumn, oak and maple and birch set up a blaze of color that flamed and flickered across a backdrop of pines. Then foxes barked in the hills and deer silently crossed the fields, half hidden in the mists of the fall mornings.
- The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer. One ripens apples, the other turns them to cider. Jane Hirshfield
- I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.
- The canopy of the woods was spread out beneath me and it looked as if autumn had taken a great torch to the trees, burnishing them gold, red, and bronze.
- Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable…the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown along the street…by a gusty wind, and the gabble of a flock of migrating geese. Hal Borland
- Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have. Unknown
- Rest your eyes well before September because with all its colours autumn is coming to visit them!
- Autumn is a visual gift given by nature to raise the morale of human beings who is worried as they enter the dark days of winter! Mehmet Murat ildan
Autumn Quotes Inspirational
- Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go. Unknown
- How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days. John Burroughs
- And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves. Virginia Woolf
- I love the autumn—that melancholy season that suits memories so well. When the trees have lost their leaves, when the sky at sunset still preserves the russet hue that fills with gold the withered grass, it is sweet to watch the final fading of the fires that until recently burnt within you.
- A moral character is attached to autumnal scenes; the leaves falling like our years, the flowers fading like our hours, the clouds fleeting like our illusions, the light diminishing like our intelligence, the sun growing colder like our affections, the rivers becoming frozen like our lives–all bear secret relations to our destinies.
- Part of you died each year when leaves fell from the tress and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintry light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen.
- Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day. Shira Tamir
- No season appeals to the eyes as much as autumn; no season touches the souls as powerfully as autumn and no season invites us to the world of mournful thoughts as intensely as autumn!
- It is autumn. The leaves are falling from the trees like burning tears- the wind howls. Why must you mimic them?
- To ask why we fall in love is to ask why the leaves fall. And to ask how we stay in love is to ask how the trees stay.
Famous Autumn Quotes
- I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.
- Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.
- Designers want me to dress like spring, in billowing things. I don’t feel like spring. I feel like a warm red autumn. Marilyn Monroe
- I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion. Henry David Thoreau
- The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.
- My sorrow, when she’s here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane. Robert Frost
- The rain hit the windows like rice; the fire roared hollowly; the autumn afternoon discoloured into darkness.
- At no other time (than autumn) does the earth let itself be inhaled in one smell, the ripe earth; in a smell that is in no way inferior to the smell of the sea, bitter where it borders on taste, and more honeysweet where you feel it touching the first sounds. Containing depth within itself, darkness, something of the grave almost.
- Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves. Humbert Wolfe
- The magic of autumn has seized the countryside; now that the sun isn’t ripening anything it shines for the sake of the golden age; for the sake of Eden; to please the moon for all I know.
Poetic Autumn Quotes
- A wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. I think i too have known
autumn too long.
- And I rose
In rainy autumn
And walked abroad in a shower of all my days…
- Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter.
If your mind isn’t crowded with ten thousand things,
this is the best season of your life.
- Let whoever wants to, relax in the south,
And bask in the garden of paradise.
Here is the essence of north—and it’s autumn
I’ve chosen as this year’s friend.
- The world knows it not; but you, Autumn, I confess it: your wind at night-fall stabs deep into my heart.
- The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last for ever. Even on the most beautiful days in the whole year – the days when summer is changing into autumn – the crickets spread the rumour of sadness and change.
- Such days of autumnal decline hold a strange mystery which adds to the gravity of all our moods.
- I felt and saw the night outside deep within me. Wind and wetness, autumn, bitter smell of foliage, scattered leaves of the elm tree.
- Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron, and russet, and the days were clear and crisp under the harvest skies. Sharon Kay Penman
You May Also Like
Beautiful Winter Quotes and Sayings about Snow
100+ Famous & Original Happy Thanksgiving Quotes for a Day of Real Gratitude
Feel It, Don’t Just Get Wet | 120 Rain Quotes
44 October Quotes About Autumn’s True Colors