100 Purple Quotes for All Your Violet Moments
Whether you are wearing something purple or decorating your home in a violet theme, this is a color you’ll be happy with. It is a tone that demands attention from others without being ostentatious, and Da Vinci believed it increases the power of meditation. It catches the eye and makes everyone take a second look, each and every time!
We know that you’re going to take pictures of anything of lavender, lilac or violet hues, so you’ll need the right caption to go along with your amazing pictures, and that is where we can help you find the right one. Here are plenty of captions to choose from when you post a picture of anything purple on your social media account, as well as a carefully curated collection of purple quotes that will inspire you. Your followers will love it!
Short Purple Quotes
- Seek to be the purple thread in the long white gown. Epictetus
- Purple does something strange to me. Charles Bukowski
- Flower of this purple dye, Hit with Cupid’s archery, Sink in apple of his eye. William Shakespeare
- When God made the color purple, God was just showing off. Mae Jemison
- Mauve is just pink trying to be purple. James Whistler
- Black is not as good as Purple. Ralph Lauren
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple. Regina Brett
- If you want to make a statement, wear purple. Baron Davis
- Far clouds of feathery gold, Shaded with deepest purple, gleam Like islands on a dark blue sea. Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Philosophy: a purple bullfinch in a lilac tree. T. S. Eliot
- Womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender. Alice Walker
- Everything changes when a man becomes purple. Charlie McDonnell
- Purple is my favorite color. It makes me think of spring and summer. A purple dress, eating grapes, lilacs – I love purple. Angela Yee.
- Time is purple
Just before night.
- I never saw a purple cow;
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I’d rather see than be one.
- I won’t eat any cereal that doesn’t turn the milk purple. Bill Watterson
- It wasn’t easy looking dignified wearing a bed sheet and a purple cape. Rick Riordan
Whether you are wearing your favorite purple dress or checking one out at the store, we have the right caption for your picture below!
- When you want to look like you just stepped out of a fashion magazine, a purple dress is the best choice.
- Royalty and purple just go together. A purple dress says more than words ever could.
- I have a passion for all things purple, especially when it comes to the clothes I wear!
- Purple, purple, purple, what color could look better than purple?
- I was born to stand out in brilliant purple!
- Purple is not just a simple color. It’s a whole mood, and it’s a fabulous one at that.
- Purple screams fancy and sophisticated.
- Swirling in purple makes me shine!
- Purple is a whole personality. When you wear purple, people take a second and third look.
- I need a strong color to go along with my strong personality!
- Purple is a color that never goes out of style.
- It doesn’t matter what season it is…wearing purple is always a hit!
- Rich, vibrant, and gorgeous. What more could I say to describe this beautiful dress?
- A bit of purple is enough to make any dress look spectacular!
- When you want a color that influences people, always choose a shade of purple.
- Never underestimate a woman confident enough to wear purple.
That gorgeous purple flower deserves a great caption for social media, so take a look at what we have to offer below!
- In a field of pastel colors, don’t be afraid to be like a purple flower-bright and unique!
- Purple flowers are God’s way of saying he loves us.
- The earth is awash in a haze of purple!
- Why choose a boring flower when you could have a purple beauty?
- There is nothing more spectacular than a bouquet of purple flowers.
- When you need the perfect flower bouquet, choose one that has bright purple in it!
- Purple flowers are a blessing to this world.
- Eeny, meeny, miny, mo, catch a purple flower and watch it grow!
- Always look for the unusual when you want the perfect bouquet of flowers.
- Live wild with purple flowers!
- Don’t worry, be purple!
- Purple is the soul of the rainbow. A purple flower is the heart of the earth.
- There is nothing better than a gorgeous bouquet of purple flowers.
- Have you ever seen such a magnificent flower before?
- When you are feeling down, the beauty of a flower will make you smile every time.
- This shade of purple is as unique as a snowflake in the cold winter months.
- Flowers are better when purple is involved!
Purple Aesthetic Quotes
- Purple as tulips in May, mauve into lush velvet, purple as the stain blackberries leave on the lips, on the hands, the purple of ripe grapes sunlit and warm as flesh. Marge Piercy
- Purple puts us in touch with the part of ourselves that is regal. Purple is the queen in all women; it helps us keep our backs straight and heads held high. Byllye Avery
- I like to write with a lot of emotion and a lot of power. Sometimes I overdo it; sometimes my prose is a little bit too purple, and I know that. H. G. Bissinger
- October arrives in a swirl of fragrant blue leaf smoke, the sweetness of slightly frosted MacIntosh apples, and little hard acorns falling. We are in the midst of cool crisp days, purple mists, and nature recklessly tossing her whole palette of dazzling tones through fields and woodlands. Jean Hersey
- Violet is the most soothing, tranquilizing and cooling color vibration. It encourages the healing of unbalanced mental conditions in people who are overly nervous or high-strung. Foods of the violet vibration are: purple broccoli, beetroot and purple grapes. Tae Yun Kim
- Violet has the shortest wavelength of the spectrum. Behind it, the invisible ultraviolet. Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. Poor violet, violated for a rhyme. Derek Jarmen
- I like purple too. I looked up color psychology before doing any house painting, because I was curious what the colors I like mean. And purple is very royal and creative. Paul Dano
- I was very against pink and purple when I was young, because they were girls’ colors. But that was only because I didn’t want people to write me off for what I can do. When I got into my 20s, I decided that was stupid. Danica Patrick
Purple Sky Quotes
- Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars. J. K. Rowling
- Yesterday and tomorrow cross and mix on the skyline. The two are lost in a purple haze. One forgets, one waits. Carl Sandburg
- The range in brightness from the purple glow of the sunset to the dark sky above is too great for most films, and naturally it is beyond the range of printed pictures. James Elkins
- The sky is already purple; the first few stars have appeared, suddenly, as if someone had thrown a handful of silver across the edge of the world. Alice Hoffman
- Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries. Jack Kerouac
- Each day the storm clouds were opening like great purple flowers and pouring out their dark thunder. Each nightfall, the storm was laid down on their houses like a burden the day had carried. Eudora Welty
- This is the fairest picture on our planet, the most enchanting to look upon, the most satisfying to the eye and spirit. To see the sun sink down, drowned in his pink and purple and golden floods, and overwhelm Florence with tides of color that make all the sharp lines dim and faint and turn the solid city to a city of dreams, is a sight to stir the coldest nature, and make a sympathetic one drunk with ecstasy. Mark Twain
- Over the summit, I saw the so-called Mono desert lying dreamily silent in the thick, purple light – a desert of heavy sun-glare beheld from a desert of ice-burnished granite. John Muir
Captions for purple skies
If you can’t wait to post an amazing picture of the sky, we have the best captions to make your pictures even better!
- I’ve never seen such an amazing shade of purple in the sky.
- The beauty of the sky is something we should never take for granted.
- A purple sky on a cloudy day makes me want to pull the covers over my head and sleep the day away!
- Dreaming of the purple skies and rainy days!
- As the day grows calm, the skies turn a lovely shade of deep purple to match the mood.
- My favorite spot is beneath the purple sky.
- No sight is better than a stunning sky streaked with every purple shade of the rainbow.
- I am in awe of what I see above me today!
- Let your spirit and soul fly high in the gorgeous purple sky!
- Cool breezes, warm sun, and purple skies. How much better can one day be?
- Reach for the sky even when you think you’re too sore to move.
- A purple sky will always brighten my mood!
- A cloudless purple sky is like a blank canvas just begging to be worked on.
- Feel the power of purple and the beauty of the clouds!
Inspirational Purple Quotes
- The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks. Tennessee Williams
- I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it. Alice Walker
- There is no dignity in wickedness, whether in purple or rags; and hell is a democracy of devils, where all are equals. Herman Melville
- Virtue shows quite as well in rags and patches as she does in purple and fine linen. Charles Dickens
- Be different. Be original. Nobody will remember a specific flower in a garden filled with thousands of the same yellow flower, BUT they will remember the one that managed to change its color to purple. Suzy Kassem
- He wrapped himself in quotations – as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors. Rudyard Kipling
- The poet who does not revere his art, and believe in its sovereignty, is not born to wear the purple. Edmund Clarence Stedman
- Purple haze all in my eyes, don’t know if it’s day or night. You got me blowin’, blowin’ my mind. Is it tomorrow or just the end of time? Jimi Hendrix
- Purple Haze all in my brain, lately things don’t seem the same. Actin’ funny but I don’t know why. ‘Scuse me while I kiss the sky. Jimi Hendrix
- An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. Leatrice Eiseman
- Don’t order any black things. Rejoice in his memory; and be radiant: leave grief to the children. Wear violet and purple. Be patient with the poor people who will snivel: they don’t know; and they think they will live for ever, which makes death a division instead of a bond. George Bernard Shaw
- And then he could not see her come into a room without a sense of the flowing of robes, of the flowering of blossoms, of the purple waves of the sea, of all things that are lovely and mutable on the surface but still and passionate in their heart. Virginia Woolf
- When I write after dark the shades of evening scatter their purple through my prose. Cyril Connolly
Purple Poem Quotes
Poetry is a mystic, sensuous mathematics of fire, smoke-stacks, waffles, pansies, people, and purple sunsets. Carl Sandburg
- Dreams are the subtle Dower
That make us rich an Hour
Then fling us poor
Out of the purple door.
- When I am an old woman I shall wear purple,
With a red hat which doesn’t go and doesn’t suit me,
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves,
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
- He Who is wrapped in purple robes,
With planets in His care,
Had pity on the least of things
Asleep upon a chair.
William Butler Yeats
- Mine the long night
The secret place
Where lovers meet
In long embrace
In purple dark
In silvered kiss
Forget the world
And grasp your bliss
- Night is a curious child, wandering
Between earth and sky, creeping
In windows and doors, daubing
The entire neighborhood
With purple paint.
Frank Marshall Davis
- She is coming, my own, my sweet;
Were it ever so airy a tread,
My heart would hear her and beat,
Were it earth in an earthly bed;
My dust would hear her and beat,
Had I lain for a century dead;
Would start and tremble under her feet,
And blossom in purple and red.
Alfred Lord Tennyson
- There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet’s wings. William Butler Yeats
You May Also Like: