50 Exciting Swimming Quotes to Make You Jump in and Invigorate Yourself
What is it about swimming that we love so much? Why is it that every time we see water we feel an overwhelming desire to jump in and invigorate ourselves? Well for a start it is great fun! An exhilarating sense of freedom and tranquility, blended with beautiful childhood memories. It is not surprising, therefore, that so many people fall in love with water and enjoy this activity, as these swimming quotes will show.
Whatever your reason for taking to the water, fun, fitness or an Olympic medal, either in the open sea or in a pool, swimming is one of the best exercises you can do, with tremendous benefits for your physical and mental health. Except an effective way to relieve stress and enhance your mood, swimming is a total body workout that helps you stay in shape. It increases your aerobic capacity and works wonders for the whole cardiovascular system. It improves muscle flexibility and endurance and can turn back the clock by slowing the ageing process. Because it is a low impact activity, swimming is gentle on your joints, bones and muscles, and this makes it ideal for rehabilitating the body and a safe exercise option in cases of injury or mobility issues. So what are you waiting for? Plunge into the water! Exhale all your worries and anxieties and let its revitalizing energy recalibrate you. Reconnect with life!
Whether you are an avid, professional swimmer, a swimming coach or just a swimming aficionado looking for a motivational boost, here you will find the most inspirational quotes to get you fueled up for a good splash! Spread positive energy by sharing them with your friends and loved ones! Ruminate upon them to ignite your passion and make a splash in life!
Table of Contents
- Just Keep Swimming Quote
- Short Water-Loving Swimming Quotes for Instagram Captions
- Motivational Swimming Quotes to Win the Race and Reach New Horizons
- Inspirational Quotes about Swimming in Calm and Troubled Waters as well
- Funny Swimming Quotes to Cheer you Up
Just Keep Swimming Quote
The famous quote from the favorite Walt Disney Pixar film Finding Nemo is a positive message on perseverance, faith and optimism. If you find the courage to keep going and never give up, you’ll reach your goals in the end!
- When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming. Dory, Finding Nemo
Short Water-Loving Swimming Quotes for Instagram Captions
Swimming is not just another sport; when we dive into the water we cleanse our spirit and soul.
- Swimming is simply moving meditation. Cesar Nikko Caharian
- I like to go swimming, and I like salty hair. Morgan Saylor
- I started swimming. I frolic like Free Willy. John Pinette
- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Feel your way through the water. Don’t fight it. Mark Young
- I was scared of water, so I learnt swimming. Geeta Phogat
- I’m just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks. Don Johnson
- As long as I’m enjoying swimming, I will keep swimming. Cate Campbell
- I like swimming. I like the beach. I like fast cars. I like speedboats. Marcel Wanders
- While I’m swimming, I sing songs in my mind. Alexandr Popov
- Swimming gives me immense satisfaction. Lara Dutta
- I was so relaxed in the water, it felt amazing. Pieter van den Hoogenband
- I’m so used to swimming with the piranhas. And they’re really not that bad. Brie Larson
- I think simple’s good. That’s why I enjoy swimming. It’s very primitive, very simple. Caeleb Dressel
- Take off your wedding ring prior to swimming! Gad Saad
- Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It’s my home. Michael Phelps
Motivational Swimming Quotes to Win the Race and Reach New Horizons
These quotes are a source of courage and power not only for athletes, but also for anybody!
- Don’t wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it. Steve Southerland
- Never worry about what anyone else is doing… Just swim your own race. Dara Torres
- Being happy outside the pool means fast swimming in the pool. Eric Shanteau
- If you want to learn to swim, jump into the water. On dry land, no frame of mind is ever going to help you. Bruce Lee
- Swimming isn’t everything, winning is. Mark Spitz
- No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch. Unknown
- Don’t be a fish; be a frog. Swim in the water and jump when you hit the ground. Kim Young-ha
- You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. William Faulkner
- You may not see the ocean, but right now we are in the middle of the ocean, and we have to keep swimming. Tracy Kidder
- The water is your friend…you don’t have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move. Alexandr Popov
- If you’re scared to lose rather than excited to win, then that’s the wrong way to approach a race. Cate Campbell
- I want to test my maximum and see how much I can do. And I want to change the world of swimming. Michael Phelps
- I’ve swum for my country, I’ve swum for my coaches and my schools and my teams. I decided this time I was going to swim for myself. Janet Evans
- The best swimmers are the ones that almost don’t try the most… It’s just about relaxing and enjoying it. Cate Campbell
- When you are learning swimming, try to swim like a fish! Target the best so that you can always easily reach good and better! Mehmet Murat ildan
- Somehow I kept my head above water. I relied on the discipline, character, and strength that I had started to develop as that little girl in her first swimming pool. Esther Williams
Inspirational Quotes about Swimming in Calm and Troubled Waters as well
We stand in awe towards the sea, for its vastness and strength, and the same feeling applies to our concept of life. Everyone has felt either helpless or determined at some time or other in their lives. The following quotes describe the full range of our feelings.
- Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked. Warren Buffett
- Swimming was the opposite of panic attack. Fluid and calm and quiet. John Corey Whaley
- Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream. C. Fields
- Some fish love to swim upstream. Some people love to overcome challenges. Amit Ray
- On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
- The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it. Woodrow Wilson
- She kept swimming out into life because she hadn’t yet found a rock to stand on. Barbara Kingsolver
- I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learned how to swim. Frida Kahlo
- Swimming is about the mind too. To find rhythm in the water is to discover a new way of being in the world, through flow. Bonnie Tsui
- People who swim very well in troubled waters are respected and celebrated than those who swim excellently in calm waters. Israelmore Ayivor
- My preference is swimming in the sea. I find the sea is more liberating, wild and good fun rather than plodding up and down a pool. Jo Brand
- To me, the sea is like a person – like a child that I’ve known a long time. It sounds crazy, I know, but when I swim in the sea, I talk to it. I never feel alone when I’m out there. Gertrude Ederle
- The most risky day in the world will be the day the bird will decide to swim and the fish will decide to fly. Stay glued to what you can do. Israelmore Ayivor
- Swimming is a life-saving skill, so just the fact that the sport that I love can give so much back to other people – and inspire them to join something that they never thought they could do or go after their dreams – is something that is really special to me. Simone Manuel
Funny Swimming Quotes to Cheer you Up
Swimming has an uplifting energy that lays the foundation for jokes and laughter!
- Many people cycle or swim to keep trim. But if swimming is so good for the figure, how do you explain whales? Charles Saatchi
- This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can’t see how deep it is. Dennis Rodman
- All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath. Scott Fitzgerald
- I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can’t get my wife to go swimming. Jimmy Carter
- The swimming community is really conservative. I don’t know why, because we’re in no clothing whatsoever. Amanda Beard
- Swimming is a confusing sport, because sometimes you do it for fun, and other times you do it to not die. And when I’m swimming, sometimes I’m not sure which one it is. Demetri Martin
- The history of the relationship between comedy and swimming is short indeed. Of course it is always funny when someone falls into water, but that’s about it. Arthur Smith
More than just a sport or a physical activity, swimming is a natural high, a form of meditation that brings euphoria and enjoyment. Nothing compares to the exhilarating feeling of floating, a soothing experience of letting everything dissolve and becoming part of the water. Feel the flow of energy and let this unison of body and mind reconnect you to your true nature. Life can be so beautiful, just add water!
If you like it, pin it!
You May Also Like: