80 True Friendship Quotes About Always Counting on Them
Love is a bond that really holds us together, and a value that is praised by science, religions, and various philosophies alike. However, it’s the intimate but non-sexual relationship with those we consider real friends that completes the picture of the social grid that supports us in daily life. This collection of true friendship quotes by famous people and prominent personalities will emphasize the role of friends.
As life often gets hasty and days find us in a rush, acquaintances in our social networks are many, but it’s the true friends in our life that provide us a sentimental security we need. The power of true friendship is so great that it often takes a really short session where we’re meeting or chatting with a friend to really give us what we need from friends, which is acceptance, communication, and understanding.
Share these quotes about true friendship to highlight the value of real friends and urge people to deepen and strengthen their friendly relationships. We need them much more than we often believe.
Table of Contents
- Short Quotes About What True Friendship really Is
- Real Friends Quotes To Use As Captions To Your Best Photo Posts
- Inspirational True Friendship Quotes About Friends We Value
- Heart Touching True Friendship Quotes
Short Quotes About What True Friendship really Is
Friendship is so important and widely accepted that even a few words are enough to capture its true picture.
- True friends don’t come with conditions. Aaron Lauritsen
- The real friendship is like fluorescence, it shines better when everything has darken. Rabindranath Tagore
- Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. Sicilian Proverb
- Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap. Unknown
- If you have one true friend you have more than your share. Thomas Fuller
- True friends stab you in the front. Oscar Wilde
- I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light. Helen Keller
- My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. Henry Ford
- True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style. Nicole Richie
- A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. Arnold H. Glasow
- True friends are families which you can select. Audrey Hepburn
- A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success! Doug Larson
- Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend. Sarah Dessen
- The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. Henry David Thoreau
- Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love. Mandy Hale
- Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. Mark Twain
- Time doesn’t take away from friendship, nor does separation. Tennessee Williams
- A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside. Winnie the Pooh
- Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I to my friends. Virginia Woolf
- No friendship is an accident. O. Henry
- A true friend is a light in the dark. Kate Morton
- True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light. Unknown
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. Elizabeth Foley
- A single rose can be my garden; a single friend, my world. Leo Buscaglia
- We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ asked Piglet. Even longer,’ Pooh answered. Winnie-the-Pooh
- Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance. Rabindranath Tagore
Real Friends Quotes To Use As Captions To Your Best Photo Posts
When friends are in the frame, our photos shine. It’s then that we need a caption that’s worthy of their value to us.
- You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal. Elizabeth Taylor
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. Walter Winchell
- A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else. Len Wein
- True friends are always together in spirit. L.M. Montgomery
- A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. Lois Wyse
- Friends don’t spy; true friendship is about privacy, too. Stephen King
- You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself. Mandy Hale
- The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple? Eugene Kennedy
- However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. Bernard Meltzer
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart Eleanor Roosevelt
- Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare — and precious as a pearl. Tahar Ben Jelloun
- If you wanna find out who’s a true friend, screw up or go through a challenging time … then see who sticks around. Karen Salmonsohn
- Unreal friendship may turn to real
But real friendship, once ended, cannot be mended.
T.S. Eliot, Murder in the Cathedral
- A real friend isn’t capable of feeling sorry for you. Jodi Picoult
- A Brother may not be a Friend, but a Friend will always be a Brother. Benjamin Franklin
- True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past. Seth Brown
- A real friendship ought to introduce each person to unexpected weirdness in the other. Jaron Lanier
- You know a real friend? Someone you know will look after your cat after you are gone. William S. Burroughs
- What’s friendship’s realest measure? I’ll tell you.
The amount of precious time you’ll squander on someone else’s calamities and fuck-ups.
Inspirational True Friendship Quotes About Friends We Value
These famous quotes about true friendship will inspire everyone and make them appreciate true friends even more.
- True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable. David Tyson
- Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation. George Washington
- Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious. Thomas Aquinas
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost. Charles Caleb Colton
- Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. Rumi
- It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us. Epicurus
- A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire. Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend. Robert Louis Stevenson
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah Winfrey
- Misfortune shows those who are not really friends. Aristotle
- True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance. Henry David Thoreau
- ‘You have some queer friends, Dorothy,’ she said.
‘The queerness doesn’t matter, so long as they’re friends,’ was the answer.
L. Frank Baum, The Road to Oz
- True friendship can exist only between equals. Plato
- The most intriguing people you will encounter in this life are the people who had insights about you, that you didn’t know about yourself. Shannon L. Alder
- There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature. Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
- Close friends are truly life’s treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone. Vincent van Gogh
- True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing. Baltasar Gracian
- To throw away an honest friend is, as it were, to throw your life away. Sophocles, Oedipus Rex
- True friendship ought never to conceal what it thinks. St. Jerome
- Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected. C. J. Langenhoven
- A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably. William Penn
- Friendship however is a plant which cannot be forced — true friendship is no gourd spring up in a night and withering in a day. Charlotte Brontë
- To make real friends you have to put yourself out there. Sometimes people will let you down, but you can’t let that stop you. If you get hurt, you just pick yourself up, dust off your feelings, and try again. Kristin Hannah
- I think that real friendship always makes us feel such sweet gratitude, because the world almost always seems like a very hard desert, and the flowers that grow there seem to grow against such high odds. Stephen King, The Eyes of the Dragon
Heart Touching True Friendship Quotes
Being close doesn’t have to be erotic, so intimacy between true friends, especially men who might feel socially uncomfortable with it, should be accepted and sought after.
- A true friend is the one who holds your hand and touches your heart. Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you. Paramahansa Yogananda
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship. C.S. Lewis
- A faithful friend is a strong defense; And he that hath found him hath found a treasure. Louisa May Alcott
- My friends are my estate. Emily Dickinson
- Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend. Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
- Stay is a charming word in a friend’s vocabulary. Amos Bronson Alcott
- Often people that criticise your life are usually the same people that don’t know the price you paid to get where you are today. True friends see the full picture of your soul. Shannon Alder
If you like it, pin it!
You may also like:
80+ Funny Friendship Quotes for Crazy Best Friend Moments
The 200+ Most Beautiful Friendship Quotes
Best 155 Loyalty Quotes About the Power of Commitment