120 Gratitude Quotes As a Source of Inspiration
The positive feelings of appreciation and gratitude guide people towards meaning and better living. This includes strength, values and self compassion. Many of us express gratitude on the special day of Thanksgiving, however it is far more than simply being thankful. It’s a deeper feeling of appreciation that produces longer lasting positivity. This emotion of unexpected benefits can be part of everyday life, giving each day a meaningful and general state of thankfulness.
People feel and express gratitude in multiple ways and gratitude helps individuals have more positive emotions, relish good experiences and build strong relationships. It’s of significant importance to share and express gratification as it is the single most powerful source of inspiration if we take a minute and pay attention to the simplistic beauty in people around us and in daily life in general.
Here you will find a diversity of quotes related to gratitude that can change, motivate and influence one’s life on a daily basis.
Best Gratitude Quotes
- When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.
- We take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
- Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. Lionel Hampton
- We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
- Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.
- The fool’s life is empty of gratitude and full of fears; its course lies wholly toward the future.
- Act with kindness but do not expect gratitude.
- We are all more blind to what we have than to what we have not.
- Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos — the trees, the clouds, everything.
- By talking to yourself about the things you have to be grateful for, you can fill your mind with thoughts that soar and sing.
- Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.
- Happiness can only be achieved by looking inward & learning to enjoy whatever life has and this requires transforming greed into gratitude.
- Preserve gratitude like a precious deposit within your soul, and from it you will receive a double portion of delight. Remember the apostolic word, “Give thanks in all circumstances.
- The most fortunate are those who have a wonderful capacity to appreciate again and again, freshly and naively, the basic goods of life, with awe, pleasure, wonder and even ecstasy.
- At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
- The fool’s life is empty of gratitude and full of fears; its course lies wholly toward the future.
- Take full account of what excellencies you possess, and in gratitude remember how you would hanker after them, if you had them not.
- Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.
- The most important quality to have toward your day is gratitude for what you have experienced, even for what was hard and what allowed you to learn and grow.
- Gratitude is best and most effective when it does not evaporate itself in empty phrases.
Short Gratitude Quotes
- If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.
- True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.
- Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.
- Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.
- No gratitude from the wicked.
- This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.
- When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. Willie Nelson
- The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.
- Time erodes gratitude more quickly than it does beauty!
- Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.
- A forced kindness deserves no thanks.
- If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.
- Gratitude takes less energy than anger.
- There’s no such thing as gratitude in politics.
- Thank you’ is a wonderful phrase. Use it. It will add stature to your soul.
- A person with gratitude will always be respected and loved.
- Unwanted favours gain no gratitude.
- Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
- Be grateful for the things you don’t have that you don’t want. Bob Dylan’s Dad
- Do you count your birthdays with gratitude?
- There is nothing more onerous than enforced gratitude.
- You oughta be thankful, a whole heaping lot, For the places and people you’re lucky you’re not! Dr. Seuss
Inspirational Gratitude Quotes
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
- Sometimes life knocks you on your ass… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.
- Focusing on one thing that you are grateful for increases the energy of gratitude and rises the joy inside yourself. Oprah Winfrey
- You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.
- The Greeks were realists. They saw the beauty of common things and were content with it.
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
- The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it.
- The three factors that seem to have the greatest influence on increasing our happiness are our ability to re-frame our situation more positively, our ability to experience gratitude, and our choice to be kind and generous.
- Joy is the net of love by which we can capture souls. God loves the person who gives with joy. Whoever gives with joy gives more. The best way to show our gratitude to God and to people is to accept with joy.
- I have learned to be almost unconsciously grateful–as a child is–for a sunny day, blue water, flowers in a vase, a tree turning red. I have learned to be glad at dawn and when the sky is dark.
- Resentment and gratitude cannot coexist, since resentment blocks the perception and experience of life as a gift. My resentment tells me that I don’t receive what I deserve. It always manifests itself in envy.
- Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity; it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.
- Rather than getting more spoilt with age, as difficulties pile up, epiphanies of gratitude abound.
- Gratitude is a nice touch of beauty added last of all to the countenance, giving a classic beauty, an angelic loveliness, to the character.
Attitude Of Gratitude
- I try to start every day and end every day by taking a moment to be grateful. Olivia Wilde
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.
- Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.
- Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.
- My religion is nature. That’s what arouses those feelings of wonder and mysticism and gratitude in me.
- If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.
- The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.
- God gave you a gift of 86 400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you.
- Love of God is pure when joy and suffering inspire an equal degree of gratitude.
- I feel glad to be alive—“I’m glad I’m not dead!” sometimes bursts out of me when the weather is perfect.
- Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and adventure.
- When I look back upon my early days I am stirred by the thought of the number of people whom I have to thank for what they gave me or for what they were to me.
- Only children and a few spiritually evolved people are born to feel gratitude as naturally as they breathe, without even thinking. Most of us come to it step by painful step, to discover that gratitude is a form of acceptance.
- Every day, tell at least one person something you like, admire, or appreciate about them.
- Morning Short List
1. Woke up ✓
2. Air to breath ✓
3. Food to eat ✓
4. Roof over head ✓
…yep, it’s a Good day!”
Famous Gratitude Quotes
- Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.
- The finished man, you know, is difficult to please;
a growing mind will ever show you gratitude.
- We are never quits with those who oblige us,” was Dantes’ reply; “for when we do not owe them money, we owe them gratitude.
- Gratitude is a species of love, excited in us by some action of the person for whom we have it, and by which we believe that he has done some good to us, or at least that he has had the intention of doing so.
- Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow. Robert Louis Stevenson
- True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.
- The world concerns me only in so far as I owe it a certain debt and duty, so to speak, because I have walked this earth for 30 years, and out of gratitude would like to leave some memento in the form of drawings and paintings—not made to please this school or that, but to express a genuine human feeling.
- Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
- Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.
- Good turns are pleasing only in so far as they seem repayable; much beyond that we repay with hatred, not gratitude.
- A grateful mind by owing owes not, but still pays, at once indebted and discharged; what burden then?
- When the gratitude of many to one throws away all shame, we behold fame.
- If rewards are immoderate, there will be expenditure that does not result in gratitude; if punishments are immoderate, there will be slaughter that does not result in awe.
- Gratitude is a divine emotion. It fills the heart, not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever. I like to taste leisurely of bliss. Devoured in haste, I do not know its flavor.
- If we should deal out justice only, in this world, who would escape? No, it is better to be generous, and in the end more profitable, for it gains gratitude for us, and love.
- Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.
- Hero-worship is innate to human nature, and it is founded on some of our noblest feelings,—gratitude, love, and admiration.—but which, like all other feelings, when uncontrolled by principle and reason, may easily degenerate into the wildest exaggerations, and lead to most dangerous consequences.
- i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
- I’ve heard of hearts unkind, kind deeds
With coldness still returning;
Alas! the gratitude of men
Has oftener left me mourning.
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes
- Thanksgiving creates abundance.
- Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
- When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.
- Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.
- We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.
- Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches.
- If I spend every moment, for the rest of my days, thanking God for all his goodness to us, that would still not be enough.
- Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
- In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.
- The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.
- If I do not feel a sense of joy in God’s creation, if I forget to offer the world back to God with thankfulness, I have advanced very little upon the Way. I have not yet learnt to be truly human. For it is only through thanksgiving that I can become myself.
- Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.
- Make enthusiasm a way of life.
Make optimism a way of success.
Make gratitude a way of happiness.
- Embrace every new day with gratitude, hope and love.
Gratitude Quotes For Friends
- Learn to remember you got great friends, don’t forget that and they will always care for you no matter what. Always remember to smile and look up at what you got in life.
- Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
- Gratitude can transform any situation. It alters your vibration moving you from negative energy to positive.
- You just want something else that someone else has, but that doesn’t mean what you have isn’t beautiful, because people always want what you have, and you always want what they have – no one is ever 100 percent. Rihanna
- The joy of meeting and the sorrow of separation … we should welcome these gifts … with our whole soul, and experience to the full, and with the same gratitude, all the sweetness or bitterness as the case may be. Meeting and separation are two forms of friendship that contain the same good, in the one case through pleasure and in the other through sorrow… Soon there will be distance between us. Let us love this distance which is wholly woven of friendship, for those who do not love each other are not separated.
- Being grateful all the time isn’t easy. But it’s when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: perspective. Gratitude can transform any situation, It alters your vibration, moving you from negative energy to positive. It’s the quickest, easiest, most powerful way to effect change in your life – this I know for sure.
Love And Gratitude Quotes
- They do not love, that do not show their love.
- …for love casts out fear, and gratitude can conquer pride.
- I cannot pretend I am without fear. But my predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;
- Love is a dividend of gratitude for our lover’s insight into our own confused and troubled psyche.
- When we can do nothing else, we can still love, without expecting any reward or change or gratitude.
- The fragrance of romance is gratitude. Nothing says I love you like saying I love you. Sure, it’s better to show your love, but why not also say it?
- I’m grateful for everything I have. I’m grateful for it all. I’m grateful for love most of all because I have a lot of it in my life. Jennifer Lopez
- Every morning when I wake up, I kiss her forehead as symbol of gratitude and appreciation and she repays me back with a lovely smile.
- Love and gratitude are always the source of happiness, not success.
You May Also Like: