Never Lose Heart, Always Have Hope! 199 Encouraging Quotes
Living with encouragement can only make life better. Giving courage, confidence and support are healing and are needed at times in everyone’s life. Building self-esteem takes time and a lot of falling and getting back up again.
It takes experience and strength as well as motivation, to establish a stable ground of self confidence. However, as life’s sudden changes may come our way, even the bravest and strongest may kneel in a rocky situation. Even the boldest will be in need of a supportive and helping hand sooner or later. Encouragement gives us all the hope and support we need to make another effort and get back on our feet to struggle for a better tomorrow.
Many times a simple touch or one’s presence is of help, but when that’s not possible there is always a word that will make a world of difference. Spoken or written words that will get the message across, words that will give that light of hope and the strength to overcome obstacles. To let someone know you care and to boost their confidence is surely what is needed for someone to accomplish what he started.
Here you will find a great variety of quotes with warmth, precious hope, to support, to inspire, to comfort and help someone see how worthy they are once again and how much they can accomplish.
Table of Contents
- Short Encouraging Quotes
- Encouragement Inspirational Quotes
- Famous Encouragement Quotes
- Encouraging Quotes For Work
- Encouraging Quotes For Students
- Positive Encouraging Quotes
- Encouraging Quotes For Women
- Encouraging Quotes For Men
- Encouraging Quotes for Kids
- Encouraging Quotes For Friends
- Encouraging Bible Quotes
- Funny Encouraging Quotes
- Encouraging Quotes On Images
Short Encouraging Quotes
- I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.
- Instruction does much, but encouragement everything.
- Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.
- You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.
- Fall seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
- Always do what you are afraid to do.
- How can you love people without encouraging them?
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt
- A man does not have to be an angel to be a saint.
- Tough times never last, but tough people do. Robert H. Schuller
- Defeat is simply a signal to press onward. Helen Keller
- Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.
- Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. Theodore Roosevelt
- In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. Albert Einstein
- Encouragement is like water to the soul, it makes everything grow.
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. George Addair
- It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
- The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
- Remember that failure is an event, not a person. Zig Ziglar
- If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.
- If I persist long enough I will win. Og Mandino
- Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.
- Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing. L.M. Montgomery
- I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. Thomas Jefferson
- The phoenix must burn to emerge.
- Leap of faith – yes, but only after reflection.
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. Bruce Lee
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
- It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- Don’t wait. The time will never be just right. Napoleon Hill
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. Nelson Mandela
- Be an encourager not a pacifier.
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
- Don’t give up. Don’t lose hope. Don’t sell out. Christopher Reeve
- If you are going through hell, keep going.
- Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. Dalai Lama
- Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.
- It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Wayne Gretzky
- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. Anais Nin
- Fall seven times and stand up eight. Japanese Proverb
- There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good old friend. Katharine Butler Hathaway
Encouragement Inspirational Quotes
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
- I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.
- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Albert Camus
- No one can ever amount to anything in this life without someone else to believe in him.
- Whatever time you choose is the right time. Not late, not early. Marcus Aurelius
- Such a simple thing, kindness. Such a simple thing. A nice word of encouragement, given when needed. An act of friendship. A passing smile.
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. Helen Keller
- All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. Buddha
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau
- I sound my barbaric yawp over the rooftops of the world.
- To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.
- I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear. Rosa Parks
- Nature never repeats herself, and the possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another.
- And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
- Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. explore, dream, discover. Mark Twain
- A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. Christopher Reeve
- Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.
- If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?
- It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. Joseph Campbell
- The noble-minded encourage what is beautiful in people and discourage what is ugly in them. Little people do just the opposite.
- Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are. Arthur Golden
- Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
99 Feel-Good Quotes That Will Make You Feel Better
50+ Quotes And Captions to Spread Joy on a Beautiful Day
Famous Encouragement Quotes
- In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
- Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
- Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
- Afoot and lighthearted I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.
- Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is. Vince Lombardi
- The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. Henry Ford
- If you have no more tears left to weep, then don’t weep. Laugh.
- There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. Aristotle
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill
- Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.
- If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
- Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. Marie Curie
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
- I believe that if one always looked at the skies, one would end up with wings. Gustave Flaubert
- One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Encouraging Quotes For Work
- Either you run the day, or the day runs you. Jim Rohn
- Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it. Joel Osteen
- I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
- Follow effective actions with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action. Peter Drucker
- Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. Robert H. Schuller
- Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.
- If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. Latin Proverb
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Dale Carnegie
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work. Stephen King
- Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. Robert F. Kennedy
- I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Jimmy Dean
- You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction. George Lorimer
- Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Encouraging Quotes For Students
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. Michael Jordan
- Education costs money. But then so does ignorance. Sir Claus Moser
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. Mark Twain
- If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves. David Allen
- The best way to predict the future is to create it. Abraham Lincoln
- If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Frederick Douglass
- Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them. Albert Einstein
- Eighty percent of success is showing up. Woody Allen
- The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. Amelia Earhart
- Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. Marcus Aurelius
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. Anne Frank
- It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
Positive Encouraging Quotes
- We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already.
- How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively. Norman Vincent Peale
- At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end. Christine Mason Miller
- Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.
- The sun shines not on us but in us.
- The first step is you have to say that you can. Will Smith
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius
- Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths. Drew Barrymore
- We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow. Mary Anne Radmacher
- Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of a greater or equal benefit. Napoleon Hill
- Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. Greg Anderson
- Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future. Alice Walker
- Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.
- Any man’s life will be filled with constant and unexpected encouragement if he makes up his mind to do his level best each day. Booker T. Washington
Encouraging Quotes For Women
- Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.
- Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.
- Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. Chinese Proverb
- It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. J.K. Rowling
- Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
- Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.
- Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.
- Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. Oprah Winfrey
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. Les Brown
- You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.
Encouraging Quotes For Men
- We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. Kenji Miyazawa
- A man may fail many times but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. John Burroughs
- Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. Les Brown
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
- Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. Hermann Hesse
- You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.
- All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination. Earl Nightingale
- The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
- I always get to where I am going by walking away from where I have been.
- To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already 3-parts dead.
- You have to die a few times before you can really live.
- Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. Farrah Gray
Encouraging Quotes for Kids
- Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong. Sarah Dessen
- The storm starts, when the drops start dropping
When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.
- Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves. Dale Carnegie
- The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. Mark Twain
- Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
- Nine-tenths of education is encouragement. Anatole France
- Listen to me, you’ve got this. Seriously, you’ve got this.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. Dalai Lama
- The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement. Charles Schwab
Encouraging Quotes For Friends
- Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. Christopher Reeve
- The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day.
- Come friends, it’s not too late to seek a newer world.
- Support and encouragement are found in the most unlikely places.
- I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
- Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine. Mario Fernandez
- Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. Gloria Steinem
- The mind is like a flower. It does not bloom without the lights of appreciation, encouragement, and love.
- Friendship … is born at the moment when one man says to another “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
- But listen to me. For one moment quit being sad. Hear blessings dropping their blossoms around you.
- You never know when one kind act, or one word of encouragement, can change a life forever.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. Mark Twain
Encouraging Bible Quotes
- I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Psalm 16:8
- Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God. Mark 10:27
- The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. Psalm 37:23-24
- For we live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
- The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. Nahum 1:7
- God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:12–14
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. Psalm 23:1
- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32
- Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. Romans 8:26
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Matthew 5:3–5
- Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32
Funny Encouraging Quotes
- Remember, man does not live on bread alone: sometimes he needs a little buttering.
- Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
- The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others. Aesop
- Nothing is less productive than to make more efficient what should not be done at all. Peter Drucker
- If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it. Olin Miller
- People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
- Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. Charles F. Kettering
Encouraging Quotes On Images
You May Also Like: