99 Famous Quotes About Strength To Motivate And Empower You
Doses of inspiration are more believable when they come from a reputable source. Such are the strength quotes we have gathered below on the subject of being strong enough to cope with the circumstances.
They all are from famous sources or have survived the test of time due to their truisms and have reached the status of modern-day proverbs.
Table of Contents
Top 75 Strength Quotes
- We acquire the strength we have overcome.
- Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. Napoleon Hill
- Mastering others is strength. Mastering oneself makes you fearless.
- The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. Thomas Paine
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Friedrich Nietzsche
- No matter what kind of challenges or difficulties or painful situations you go through in your life, we all have something deep within us that we can reach down and find the inner strength to get through them. Alana Stewart
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. Mother Teresa
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
- Remember, the storm is a good opportunity for the pine and the cypress to show their strength and their stability. Ho Chi Minh
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission. Mahatma Gandhi
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. Khalil Gibran
- Our diversity is our strength. What a dull and pointless life it would be if everyone was the same. Angelina Jolie
- I realized that my strength was being different. Betsey Johnson
- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
- Where there is no struggle, there is no strength. Oprah Winfrey
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln
- In solitude the mind gains strength and learns to lean upon itself. Laurence Sterne
- You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. Marcus Aurelius
- I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
- Tough times never last, but tough people do. Robert H. Schuller
- A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. Christopher Reeve
- It takes so much strength to say to your ego, ‘You know what? You’re going to keep me lonely, so I have to ignore you.’ George Michael
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Mahatma Gandhi
- One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity. Albert Schweitzer
- Try to look at your weakness and convert it into your strength. That’s success. Zig Ziglar
- Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go. Hermann Hesse
- Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Kites rise highest against the wind – not with it. Winston Churchill
- Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. Dalai Lama
- Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. Barbara Kingsolver
- Every good citizen adds to the strength of a nation. Gordon B. Hinckley
- Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on. Henry Rollins
- Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. Samuel Johnson
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. Buddha
- I do believe in the old saying, ‘What does not kill you makes you stronger.’ Our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. By overcoming difficulties, we gain strength and maturity. Angelina Jolie
- We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.
- Rule your mind or it will rule you.
- The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong. Swami Vivekananda
- The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
- The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home. Confucius
- And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.
- Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.
- I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death. Leonardo da Vinci
- War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. George Orwell
- Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It’s black and white – dramatic. You have to be strong. Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Silence is a source of great strength. Lao Tzu
- God has always given me the strength to say what is right. Rosa Parks
- It takes strength to be kind; it’s not a weakness. Daniel Lubetzky
- There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself. Louis XIV
- It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.
- Perhaps I am stronger than I think. Thomas Merton
- It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.
- Don’t give up the fight, stand up for your rights.
- Only the gentle are ever really strong. James Dean
- Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict. William Ellery Channing
- We gain the strength of the temptation we resist. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You can’t get around pain and opposition, but you can try to be joyful in the trial, and thank yourself for the trial, and thank God for the strength to get through it. Mary J. Blige
- A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep. Vernon Howard
- In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.
- Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
- Durability is one of the chief elements of strength. Nothing is either loved or feared but that which is likely to endure.
- I like criticism. It makes you strong. LeBron James
- A single twig breaks, but the bundle of twigs is strong. Tecumseh
- You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am, and I’m just going to be myself.’ Mariah Carey
- My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength. Michael Jordan
- A quiet conscience makes one strong!
- A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done. Marge Piercy
- Joy is strength.
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Holy Bible. Psalm 28:7
- It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.
- You can’t really be strong until you can see a funny side to things.
- A strong man doesn’t have to be dominant toward a woman. He doesn’t match his strength against a woman weak with love for him. He matches it against the world. Marilyn Monroe
- God abandons only those who abandon themselves, and whoever has the courage to shut up his sorrow within his own heart is stronger to fight against it than he who complains.
24 Famous Quotes About Strength on Images
You may also like:
The Secret of All Triumphs | 157 Perseverance Quotes
Change Before You Have To | Quotes about Change
61 Motivational Sports Quotes to Inspire You and Boost Your Performance