Best 60 One Step at a Time Quotes to Take Things Easy
As humans we have a habit of rushing through things, anxious to accomplish our goals and move to the next level of life. We race frenetically against the clock, trying to fit in as many things as possible in our already hyper-scheduled daily lives and push ourselves so hard that our goals seem daunting and impossible to reach. However, life is not a race but a journey, and its joy is only experienced in the present moment, so here we have rounded up an inspiring collection of the best one step at a time quotes to take things easy and not rush into trying to do everything at once, but letting things unfold in their own time.
We all have dreams and life goals we want to accomplish, but either we are overwhelmed by the amount of effort involved in reaching our dreams, or hesitate altogether to take the first step unless we are certain that conditions are favorable or the time is perfect. It is natural when you think of your end goal as one huge amount of effort to get discouraged, but if you break it down into smaller steps it becomes more manageable, allows you greater control and you also feel motivated to take the next step.
Don’t try to do everything at once! The smallest of steps can complete the greatest of journeys. The important thing is to take the first step, despite fears or doubts. It is this first step that gives momentum and builds faith into your goal. Success doesn’t happen overnight, it is a slow, gradual process that takes patience and time, and this is what gives it meaning and makes it last. Don’t try to grow too quickly, trust the magic of small steps and live the moment. Take life day by day. Great things come to those who wait!
Table of Contents
- Short One Step At a Time Quotes To Help You Understand Baby Steps
- Powerful One Step At a Time Quotes To Motivate Real and Lasting Change
- Inspirational One Step At a Time Quotes
- More One Step At a Time Quotes For Inspiration and Drive
Short One Step At a Time Quotes To Help You Understand Baby Steps
Because anything worth having in life requires patience and time, we have compiled the following short “one step at a time” quotes to help you understand how baby steps can accumulate momentum and play out to help you attain your goals.
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- One step at a time is all it takes to get you there. Emily Dickinson
- Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time. Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- One step at a time is good walking. Proverb
- Keep walking the walk, one step at a time. Joyce Meyer
- One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time. John Wanamaker
- All great achievements require time. Maya Angelou
- It’s difficult to change overnight but if you are persistent and take one step at a time you will see results! Jack LaLanne
- Take one step at a time, there’s no need to rush. Jordin Sparks
- You can get anywhere if you simply go one step at a time. Dave Ramsey
- Leaps look good in the movies, but in fact, success is mostly about finding a path and walking it one step at a time. Seth
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Lao Tzu
- History begins at ground level, with footsteps. Michel de Certeau
- Life is like walking you take one step at a time. Taylor Swift
- Paths are made by walking. Franz Kafka
- Perfection is not a destination; it’s a never-ending process…Enjoy! Jim Bouchard
- The elevator to success is out of order, but the stairs are always open. Zig Ziglar
- Your life isn’t about the big break, it’s about one significant life transforming step at a time. Tim Storey
- Big things have small beginnings. Michael Fassbender
- Mile by mile one hits the milestone. Amit Kalantri
- It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs. Vaclav Havel
Powerful One Step At a Time Quotes To Motivate Real and Lasting Change
A collection of powerful “one step at a time” quotes to motivate real and lasting change. Reflect upon them to appreciate the true essence of change and why it is a gradual process that demands to be experienced over time.
- Nothing happens without focus. Don’t try to do everything at once. Take it one step at a time. Dave Ramsey
- One step is better than no steps. Rebecca Brockway
- The road to success is always under construction. Lily Tomlin
- You plant a garden one flower at a time. … You write a book one word at a time, clean a closet one shelf at a time, run a marathon one step at a time. If you feel defeated by some large task, get your spade and dig the first hole. Jeanne Marie Laskas
- I still follow that model: just go hard every day, and take it one step at a time. Ace Hood
- No one ever got to the top of a mountain in one jump. Doe Zantamata
- I will persist. I will always take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. Og Mandino
- Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can. Arthur Ashe
- It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward. Chinese proverb
- One step at a time, I get to make positive choices to fulfill my dreams. Deena Kastor
- The man who removes the mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Chinese proverb
- The person determined to achieve maximum success learns the principle that progress is made one step at a time. David J. Schwartz
- If you take each challenge one step at a time, with faith in every footstep, your strength and understanding will increase. James E. Faust
- If you don’t like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. Marian Wright Edelman
Inspirational One Step At a Time Quotes
A thoughtful list of inspirational “one step at a time” quotes to help you realize why you should map out your journey into small steps and achieve success through the little things in life.
- In the middle of it all, pause and look around you. Appreciate what’s beautiful. Take in the love. Nod to what’s good and true. And then move forward one step at a time. Kathy Freston
- Whatever you did today is enough. Whatever you felt today is valid. Whatever you thought today isn’t to be judged. Repeat the above each day. Brittany Burgunder
- One alphabet at a time, you can write an encyclopaedia. One word at a time, you can publish an entire library. Israelmore Ayivor
- It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials. Bruce Lee
- Nobody has the power to take two steps together, you can make only one step at a time. Osho
- Follow your dream. Take one step at a time and don’t settle for less, just continue to climb. Amanda Bradley
- One step at a time is enough for me. Impatience is simply a way of beating yourself up. Susan Jeffers
- Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed down-stairs one step at a time. Mark Twain
- Focus only on where you are right now. Then carefully take one step at a time, by placing just one foot in front of the other. Before you know it, you will turn that corner. Anthon St. Maarten
- Learn to have patience with people, just take it one step at a time in everything that you’re doing and just invest time in the people that you’re with … have patience with them, even if they’re not necessarily the easiest person to work with. Bethany Hamilton
- Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They’re realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks. Elbert Hubbard
- Set goals that are achievable. Bring about meaningful change one step at a time. Raising awareness is not enough. Henry Spira
- Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. William Patten
More One Step At a Time Quotes For Inspiration and Drive
Some more “one step at a time” quotes for inspiration and drive to stop putting pressure on yourself but take things easy and find joy in every day of your life.
- A 10,000 mile walk, begins with a single step and continues one step at a time. Rickson Gracie
- Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time. Lyndon B. Johnson
- Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier. We do not have to become heroes over night. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Narrow the focus, take the ascent one step at a time, and it’s amazing what odds a man can beat. Courtney Schafer
- Every step of the walk unburdens us of what we have just seen and thought while it simultaneously thrusts us into the previously unknown. Jeffrey Robinson
- Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shaurya Suzuki
- When you’re climbing Mount Everest, nothing is easy. You just take one step at a time, never look back and always keep your eyes glued to the top. Jacqueline Susann
- The impossible just takes a little longer. One stroke at a time, one step at a time, the impossible is easy to achieve. Tori Murden
- Live brightly, leave fear and move forward one step at a time with faith and confidence in the future. Senora Roy
- Courage wasn’t a matter of taking the whole mountain in a single massive leap. Courage was taking it one step at a time, doing what was necessary now, preparing for the next step, and refusing to worry about whether some step in the future would be the one that would break him. Timothy Zahn, Star Wars
- The process of education in the oldest profession in the world is like any other educational process, in that it requires time andeffort and patience; it can only be acquired by taking one step at a time, though the steps become accelerated after the first few. Madeleine Albright
- RooseveltI had to have a lot of jobs until I was supporting myself through music, but I knew that those jobs were all leading me to something. It was all, again, about taking things one step at a time, one day at a time. Jason Mraz
When it comes to fleshing out our dreams we tend to become impatient and anxious, trying to do thousands of things at once in the false expectation of immediate success. We rush through life as if there is no tomorrow, not realizing that things happen in a different order than the one we have in mind. Life is neither a race nor a competition, but a journey of small but concrete resolves. Do not rush things! Small steps can tackle the biggest goals. Trust the process to fully appreciate the journey!
If you like it, pin it!
You may also like:
The Secret of All Triumphs! 157 Perseverance Quotes
Best 154 Goal Quotes on Journeys Towards What We Desire
Go the Extra Mile! | 150 Hard Work Quotes