100 Determination Quotes About the Confidence It Takes to Take the Next Step
Dreams make the impossible possible and the world so much more interesting! These wonderful mental constructs that excite us are something we create in our mind depending on our perspective of life. They are our own version of reality that is not yet fulfilled. We realize how hard it is to keep on trying and staying on that grind, so here we have collected for you the most inspirational determination quotes about the importance of conviction to fire you up!
So what does it take to flesh out our dreams and turn our vision into reality? There are no secrets, we have to work hard, be resolute and determined to sustain our efforts consistently in spite of life’s twists and turns.
Determined people do not give up and do not get discouraged by failure or obstacles, they view them as opportunities in disguise, stepping stones that will help them grow and advance further. Even when others see no hope, they have a vision and commitment, and remain focused on their goals. When you are determined you know that nothing is impossible to achieve, you have the confidence and the fighting spirit to pursue your goals in life no matter what. Even when there seems to be no path, you create it!
Have you ever seen Paralympic athletes compete? They are a quintessential example of determination, showing you that the limits exist only inside your head. Do not miss out on life! Determination is a mindset to shape the life you want, embrace it and change the game because everything rises and falls on your perspective!
Share these words with loved ones and friends in order to encourage them. Bookmark them as your daily life mantras! Reflect upon them to reframe your perspective and realize why you should never give up on your dreams!
Table of Contents
- Short Determination Quotes
- Best Quotes About Determination
- Confidence and Determination Quotes
- Hard Work and Determination Quotes
- Inspirational Determination Quotes
- Famous People Talk About Determination
Short Determination Quotes
A collection of short, succinct words of wisdom to encourage you to chase your dreams! Use these uplifting one-liners as captions to inspire confidence on your Instagram and social media posts!
- It is the size of one’s will which determines success. Unknown
- He that can have patience can have what he will. Benjamin Franklin
- We will either find a way, or make one! Hannibal
- Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered. Michelle Obama
- If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan. Claire Cook
- A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. Colin Powell
- When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there. Zig Ziglar
- When the will is ready the feet are light. Proverb
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. Beverly Sills
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. Og Mandino
- Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to. Henry van Dyke
- Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. Harriet Beecher Stowe You may delay, but time will not. Benjamin Franklin
- Great things are done when men and mountains meet. William Blake
- It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses. George Eliot
- A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. Bruce Lee
- Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then… find the way. Abraham Lincoln
- Never go backward. Attempt, and do it with all your might. Determination is power. Charles Simmons
- The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Determination is the wake-up call to the human will. Anthony Robbins
- I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. Winston S. Churchill
- Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit. Napoleon Hill
- Determination and perseverance move the world; thinking that others will do it for you is a sure way to fail. Marva Collins
- The truest wisdom is a resolute determination. Napoleon Bonaparte
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. Albert Einstein
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable! Jillian Michaels
- Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. Benjamin Disraeli
- A few fly bites cannot stop a spirited horse. Mark Twain
- Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there. Bo Jackson
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Mahatma Gandhi
- It’s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top. Henry Ward Beecher
- If happy I can be I will, if suffer I must I can. William Faulkner
- I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it. Gale Sayers
- You rarely win, but sometimes you do. Harper Lee
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln
- F-E-A-R has two meanings: ‘Forget Everything And Run’ or ‘Face Everything And Rise.’ The choice is yours. Zig Ziglar
- Self-will so ardent and active that it will break a world to pieces to make a stool to sit on. Richard Cecil
- Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. Napoleon Hill
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Unknown
- Determination that just won’t quit — that’s what it takes. A. J. Foyt
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination. Tommy Lasorda
Best Quotes About Determination
Whenever you want to surround yourself with positive energy and influence scroll through our list of the best determination quotes and get fueled up to continue fighting!
- When someone tells me “no,” it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them. Karen E. Quinones Miller
- It takes determination to see a dream come to pass. The question is not will you start, but will you finish. Joel Osteen
- If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you. Les Brown
- I’m a little wounded, but I am not slain; I will lay me down to bleed a while. Then I’ll rise and fight again. John Dryden
- You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose. Abraham Lincoln
- A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success. Elbert Hubbard
- Most people fail because they do not have determination and perseverance. Extraordinary people are determined and persevere that is what makes them extraordinary. Catherine Pulsifer
- A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose – a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve. John Maxwell
- People who lack the clarity, courage, or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. When you change for the better, the people around you will be inspired to change also….but only after doing their best to make you stop. Live your truth and don’t EVER stop. Steve Maraboli
- Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen. Horace Mann
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. Henry Ford
- Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek. Mario Andretti
- I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go. Langston Hughes
- Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time-rich and cash-poor. Cory Doctorow
- Just remember that a mountain is not taken down in one big scoop but is done by taking one small chuck away at time. Byron Pulsifer
- You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. Maya Angelou
- Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. Dan Gable
- The only good luck many great men ever had was being born with the ability and determination to overcome bad luck. Channing Pollock
- Find what you love to do, and go do it. You will never be successful until you have a plan, and the discipline and determination to go through with that plan. Julius Williams
Confidence and Determination Quotes
When you are determined you know exactly what you want out of life and have a clear direction. No matter how many curveballs life may throw at you, your confidence and grit will help you tackle every obstacle!
- I, on the other hand, was a little-known night-club singer, who was said to have more determination than talent. Maya Angelou
- Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong. Peter T. McIntyre
- An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men. Thomas Fuller
- One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. Arthur Ashe
- Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. Gail Devers
- What really distinguishes this generation in all countries from earlier generations … is its determination to act, its joy in action, the assurance of being able to change things by one’s own efforts. Hannah Arendt
- The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore. Dale Carnegie
- Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. Maya Angelou
- No man can fight his way to the top and stay at the top without exercising the fullest measure of grit, courage, determination, resolution. B. C. Forbes
- Conquering any difficulty always gives one a secret joy, for it means pushing back a boundary-line and adding to one`s liberty. Henri Frederic Amiel
Hard Work and Determination Quotes
There is no substitute for hard work. Even if you are the most talented person you can only go so far, but hard work combined with invincible determination will help you accomplish almost anything in life!
- Hard work and determination equals success. Nothing comes easy. Put your mind to something. Kevin Hart
- Problems are only opportunities in work clothes. Henry J. Kaiser
- No matter what an individual decides to become, hard work and determination is very important in today’s competitive world. You may also encounter hardships along the way, but you must not get discouraged and you push on in order to fulfill your goals. Tom Monaghan
- Tomorrow is the only day in the year that appeals to a lazy man. Jimmy Lyon
- Working hard, being patient and being full of determination is perhaps the most fulfilling way of becoming rich. Robert Gardner
- Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. Thomas Watson, Jr.
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and, most of all, love of what you are doing. Pele
- We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. Jesse Owens
- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. Vince Lombardi
- Construct your determination with sustained effort, controlled attention, and concentrated energy. Opportunities never come to those who wait… they are captured by those who dare to attack. Paul J. Meyer
Inspirational Determination Quotes
Determined people are not those who never failed, but those who never gave up. No matter how many times they encountered failure, they kept pushing through all obstacles and hardships because they had a firmness of purpose and an indomitable fighting spirit!
- You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore. William Faulkner
- In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Dale Carnegie
- It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. Leonardo da Vinci
- Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success. David J. Schwartz
- I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. Edward Everett Hale
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in.
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. Dale Carnegie
- If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down. Mary Pickford
- People with a strong will power will always have the bigger picture in mind. They will be able to forgo small pleasures in order to help attain bigger goals. Brian Adams
- What you have to do and the way you have to do it is incredibly simple. Whether you are willing to do it, that’s another matter. Peter F. Drucker
- Good character is more to be praised than outstanding talent. Most talents are, to some extent, a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it, piece by piece – by thought, choice, courage, and determination. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Famous People Talk About Determination
A list of insightful quotes from famous people and great thinkers, to guide you in your efforts and inspire you to dig deep into your mental reservoirs and harness your true potential!
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Winston Churchill
- Nothing can withstand the power of the human will if it is willing to stake its very existence to the extent of its purpose. Benjamin Disraeli
- If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. Michael Jordan
- Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. Louis Pasteur
- I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right. Albert Einstein
- Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson
- America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand. Harry S. Truman
- However depressed I may be I am not in the habit of giving up a project without having tried everything, even the ‘impossible’, to gain my end. Paul Gauguin
- A vow is fixed and unalterable determination to do a thing, when such a determination is related to something noble which can only uplift the man who makes the resolve. Mahatma Gandhi
Most people fail in life because they miss out on the bigger picture. They get frustrated and discouraged when things don’t play out and simply give up, ignoring the fact that failure is part of the game. Your mindset defines your tomorrow, so let your dreams fire you up and fuel your determination. The story of your life is waiting to be manifested! Life is providing you with the canvas on which to paint your dreams. You have the brush and the colors, create a masterpiece!
If you like it, pin it!
You May Also Like: