60 Healthy Relationship Quotes to Help You Connect Better
Relationships equals life; they are, in fact, the field where love gets personalized and is carried out in time. Our life’s evaluation identifies to the quality and quantity of our past and present relationships. Whether it’s an affair, a marriage, a family, a friendship, a work environment or the extended circle of our social encounters, there is a kind and a form of relationship that’s taking place. The following collection of healthy relationship quotes shows that all relationships are important, with a priority to those that involve love and affection – in other words, the bonds and connections that create what we acknowledge as our personal life.
And what’s a healthy relationship? It’s the one that promotes our personal balance and happiness. The one that nurtures our physical and mental well-being and creates a safe environment where we can feel free to self-expression. A relationship can be called healthy when we don’t have to fight or suffer from intimidation, disrespect, or even abuse in it.
There are many more characteristics of a good, healthy relationship like trust, good communication, individuality, honesty, empathy, kindness, respecting boundaries and so on. They all refer to the other person, be it a partner, a spouse, a kid, a best friend and have to be mutual, as this is actually a dance for – at least – two!
Yet, people still suffer in dysfunctional, toxic, or even dangerous situations, seeming unable to find their way out. Here’s the primary key to a good relationship with others which we so often tend to completely neglect: the relationship with our inner self. That’s where we should focus on both in the beginning of and throughout the process of our personal and social interactions. Self-consciousness, self-validation, self-love and self-trust have to come first.
In this article we have collected some of the quotes and thoughts on healthy relationships by famous and renown people of the past and the present. We are sure that you’ll find a positive trigger for further reflection upon the matter and an open-minding inspiration!
Table of Contents
- Positive Quotes about Healthy Relationships
- Deep Quotes About Healthy Relationships
- Short Healthy Relationship Quotes
- Healthy Relationship Quotes By Famous People
- Going From A Toxic Relationship To A Healthy One
Positive Quotes about Healthy Relationships
Laid on the stable foundations of trust, honesty and mutual respect, a relationship can last for a lifetime. Love and understanding for each other are not only the key to happiness, but also the motivation to look deeply into oneself and become a better person.
- A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart. Leo F. Buscaglia
- Healthy Relationships… Don’t let outside circumstances diminish your inner fire. Adapt, adjust, and keep the romance alive. Steve Maraboli
- Two halves do not make a whole when it comes to a healthy relationship: it takes two wholes. Patricia L. Fry
- Spouses in healthy relationships cherish each other’s space and are champions of each other’s causes. Henry Cloud
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
- The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. Carl Jung
- Genuine relationships depend first on a healthy relationship with ourselves. Sonia Choquette
- The only way a relationship will last is if you see it as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take. Tony Robbins
- There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart. Jane Austen
- Honesty is the key to Trust; Trust is the door to healthy relationships. J.R. Incer
- Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it’s not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long. Amy Grant
- A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dreams, or your dignity. Dinkar Kalotra
- A healthy relationship is built on unwavering trust. Beau Mirchoff
- Lets not forget its you and me vs. the problem. Not you vs. me. Steve Maraboli
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
- I think long-lasting, healthy relationships are more important than the idea of marriage. At the root of every successful marriage is a strong partnership. Carson Daly
- Focus on nurturing your healthy relationships so that they are even more loving and fulfilling. Deepak Chopra
Deep Quotes About Healthy Relationships
Man is by nature a social animal, as Aristotle said, not to fight loneliness but to fulfill our existence on a higher level; in any society, all the bonds and connections are interwoven through relationships of all kinds among individuals. By working consciously on your relationships, you increase your maturity and happiness.
- When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are. Donald Miller
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable. Jess C. Scott
- Let people realize clearly that every time they threaten someone or humiliate or unnecessarily hurt or dominate or reject another human being, they become forces for the creation of psychopathology, even if these be small forces. Let them recognize that every person who is kind, helpful, decent, psychologically democratic, affectionate, and warm, is a psychotheraputic force, even though a small one. Abraham Maslow
- I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship. Brené Brown
- Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude. William James
- You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. Epicurus
- …good relationships are based on kindness. On putting the person you love before yourself. On thinking of what you can do to make that person happy. Good relationships require kindness, commitment, and appreciation. Jane Green
- Only someone who is ready for everything, who doesn’t exclude any experience, even the most incomprehensible, will live the relationship with another person as something alive and will himself sound the depths of his own being. Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
Best 50 Powerful Connection Quotes that Link Us All
89 Soulmate Quotes to Talk About Perfect Matches in Life
Short Healthy Relationship Quotes
These quotes are ideal for a short message or an Instagram caption. In just a few words you’ll find wise thoughts on love, safety, self-awareness, acceptance, togetherness – all of them crucial to building a good relationship.
- Love in such a way that the person you love feels free. Thich Nhat Hanh
- Relationships don’t always make sense. Especially from the outside. Sarah Dessen
- There’s nothing that I wouldn’t do to make you feel my love. Bob Dylan
- This is one of the marks of a truly safe person: they are confrontable. Henry Cloud
- Assumptions are the termites of relationships. Henry Winkler
- Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing. Ken Kesey
- Things must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
- The beginning of love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves. Thomas Merton
- To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship. Doménico Cieri Estrada
- Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person. Gloria Steinem
- You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future. Unknown
- Relationships feed on credibility, honesty, and consistency. Scott Borchetta
- A real, healthy relationship is about empowerment and love and that should be standard – but it isn’t. Debby Ryan
- Love takes off the masks we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James Baldwin
- If you need something from somebody always give that person a way to hand it to you. Sue Monk Kidd
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
- Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself. Andre Breton
- I want to be in a relationship where you telling me you love me is just a ceremonious validation of what you already show me. Steve Maraboli
- We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics. Joyce Meyer
- No road is long with good company. Turkish Proverb
Healthy Relationship Quotes By Famous People
Self-love is the primary relationship one has to work into, as it is the prerequisite for a happy and balanced life, where the way we love is more important than the feeling itself. The following quotes will give you the inspiration you need on many relationship matters.
- You’ve got to love yourself first, and until you value yourself enough and love yourself enough to know that, you can’t really have a healthy relationship. Jennifer Lopez
- The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. Audrey Hepburn
- Well, it seems to me that the best relationships – the ones that last – are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is… suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with. Gillian Anderson
- Emotional self-defense… When you set healthier relationship standards in your life, some people will take it personally. That’s their issue, not yours. The distance isn’t against them; it’s for you. It’s a boundary, not a grudge. Steve Maraboli
- I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, its not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone. Robin Williams
- If you would be loved, love, and be lovable. Benjamin Franklin
- Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. Anais Nin
- Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend. Albert Camus
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. Audrey Hepburn
Going From A Toxic Relationship To A Healthy One
Violence and abuse of any kind, disrespect and dishonesty from our partner or family are unacceptable behaviors that should alert anyone to leave as soon as possible. But they are often disguised as “another minor mistake” that calls for forgiveness by the side of the victim – and once you get used to them, you can’t even realize they’re happening. Years of therapy are needed to set things straight again in one’s mind and then find the courage to deal with the problems. The following quotes are about these unhealthy and misleading situations that are better off for anybody.
- Relationships are worth fighting for, but you can’t be the only one fighting. Unknown
- As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships. John Mark Green
- Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others. Brene Brown
- Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate. Albert Schweitzer
- Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for. Mandy Hale
- When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself. Deepak Chopra
- Our capacity to move forward as developing beings rests on a healthy relationship with the past. Psychotherapy, that widespread method for promoting mental health, relies heavily on memory and on the ability to retrieve and organize images and events from the personal past. If we learn not only to tell our stories but to listen to what our stories tell us–to write the first draft and then return for the second draft–we are doing the work of memory. Patricia Hampl
To come to a conclusion, everyone is entitled to a safe and happy personal life; the moment you realize that a relationship of yours isn’t working for your own sake, you have just made a big step towards change. The path won’t be necessarily an easy one, but, as long as you keep up your optimism and faith, you can and you will succeed on healthy relationships and a happy life!
If you like it, pin it!
You may also like: