50 Powerful Quotes About Respect in the Workplace
Respect means showing esteem and appreciation for someone’s qualities, skills and attitudes, and plays a fundamental role in building a positive work environment, one permeated by a culture of mutual appreciation. To promote a positive attitude and a bond of harmony and togetherness we have rounded up for you the most powerful quotes about respect in the workplace. Spread motivation by sharing them with friends and colleagues. Use them as encouraging daily mantras or inspirational captions for your Instagram and social media posts!
It is true that we all have different perspectives, aspirations and ways of working. Our uniqueness means that every one of us can contribute to a common cause in a unique way, so accepting others for who they are and treating them with respect, even if we don’t agree with them, is essential for building strong interpersonal relationships and great teamwork.
Mutual respect promotes trust and a sense of acceptance and belonging. People are motivated to give more because they feel valued for their efforts and achievements and this encourages them to go the extra mile and work to their full potential. A respectful environment within the workplace encourages engagement and commitment, and reduces stress. Everyone feels a valued member of a strong team and this increases collaboration and allows effort to flourish, leading to improved decision making, innovation and increased productivity.
Respect is pivotal in the formation of a fair working environment regardless of gender, race or other qualifiers, however it can’t be demanded but only earned by giving it to others through daily effort and appropriate actions. Sometimes all it takes is a smile, or a gesture of validation like a pat on the back or an encouraging kind word. Do your best and treat others the way you want to be treated! Try to make this world a little better!
Table of Contents
- Great Quotes About Respect In the Workplace
- Short Quotes About Respect In The Workplace For Instant Inspiration
- Famous Respect Quotes For Workplace Peace and Productivity
Great Quotes About Respect In the Workplace
Ruminate upon the following great quotes about respect in the workplace and let them reframe your perspective about how a culture of respect can shape a positive work environment.
- Leaders who win the respect of others are the ones who deliver more than they promise—not the ones who promise more than they can deliver. Mark A. Clement
- In organizations where employees are happy you find two things present: trust and respect. Laurie Buchanan, PhD
- Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal, and help one another achieve respect. Don’t use destructive lies, unfounded fears, or debilitating anger. Bill Bradley
- Equality and respect are woven into the fabric of the conduct and performance of iconic organizations and leaders. Period. Scott McKain
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish. Sam Walton
- The role of the leader is to foster mutual respect and build a complementary team where each strength is made productive and each weakness irrelevant. Stephen Covey
- I respect people who achieve things on the merits of their own hard work, skill, dedication, discipline and self-denial. Zita Steele
- A customer is never right if there is no respect. In fact, no one is right if there is no respect. Janna Cachola
- We are a team because we respect each other’s work. Vineet Raj Kapoor
- When people see light of trust, respect and responsibility in you. You are successful. You are a leader. Amit Ray
- The whole concept of treating people with dignity and respect is a concept that isn’t a business concept, it’s a life concept. It’s who you are at the end of the day. Greg Brenneman
- When someone respects you, s/he confronts you in private before taking you in public and/or stabbing in the back and backbiting you. Assegid Habtewold
- Results drive respect. Respect yields authority. Leaders who deliver results, command respect. Krishna Saagar Rao
- We have to work on treating ourselves like we would treat our friends. Sheryl Sandberg
- Never take a person’s dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you. Stephen R. Covey
- Being polite and grateful will make people more inclined to help you. And if people are willing to help you, you may accidentally get something you want. Jason Sudeikis
- I will respect the limits of my experience but that won’t stop me from trying to lead by example of my work. Being a good teammate and picking up others on and off the field is a simple goal of mine. Anthony Rizzo
- When people honor each other, there is a trust established that leads to synergy, interdependence, and deep respect. Both parties make decisions and choices based on what is right, what is best, and what is valued most highly. Blaine Lee
- It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship. Mark Cuban
Short Quotes About Respect In The Workplace For Instant Inspiration
If you are looking for some motivational boost, the following short quotes about respect in the workplace will provide instant inspiration to help you give it your all!
- The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity. Tom Peters
- If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die. Maya Angelou
- Mutual respect is the foundation of genuine harmony. Dalai Lama
- Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility. Peter Drucker
- Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up. Jesse Jackson
- It is not grey hair that makes one respectable but character. Ayn Rand
- In many ways, effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, encourages others to do their best. Zig Ziglar
- Politeness is a sign of dignity, not subservience. Theodore Roosevelt
- Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers. Cary Grant
- Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Period. No exceptions. Kiana Tom
- When you have that respect from your teammates, it makes it a lot more comfortable. LeBron James
- None of us is as smart as all of us. Ken Blanchard
- Respect is a two-way street, if you want to get it, you’ve got to give it. R. G. Risch
- Respect yourself and others will respect you. Confucius
- Respect begins with this attitude: I acknowledge that you are a creature of extreme worth. Gary Chapman
- The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team. Phil Jackson
- Respect for the truth comes close to being the basis for all morality. U. Thant
Famous Respect Quotes For Workplace Peace and Productivity
A collection of famous respect quotes by eminent thinkers and personalities for workplace peace and productivity to increase awareness of how acceptance and appreciation can spur team unity and job satisfaction.
- Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. Mahatma Ghandi
- Disrespect invites disrespect. Meryl Streep
- When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you. Lao Tzu
- By mutual respect, understanding and with good will we can find acceptable solutions to any problems which exist or may arise between us. Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Mutual respect and mutual listening are the foundations of harmony within the family. Gautama Buddha
- Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I respect myself and insist upon it from everybody. And because I do it, I then respect everybody, too. Maya Angelou
- Where there’s no mutual respect, there’s trouble! Dizzy Gillespie
- You never really learn much from hearing yourself speak. George Clooney
- If you have some respect for people as they are, you can be more effective in helping them to become better than they are. John W. Gardner
- If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln
Every one of us walks his own path in life, hardwired with his own specific qualities, skills and attitudes, and no two people are the same. The acceptance and appreciation of who we are in the workplace is vital for our personal happiness and can serve as a catalyst to unleash our potential. We are different in our uniqueness, and although it is neither a prerequisite nor essential to like each other, it is extremely important however, that we treat each other with dignity and respect!
If you like it, pin it!
You may also like: