Faith, Built When No One Is Looking | 145 Trust Quotes
Trust in people’s lives is of significant value. It’s an essential link to all human relationships and none can be formed without it. Just as well, without trust even within ourselves, it will be impossible to move on. One invests in a relationship of any manner, such as a friend, a partner, a spouse, a teacher, siblings with trust and loyalty and in time it progresses to a higher level and a deeper bond. When one feels the security and emotional and psychological stability trust provides, then the power and drive to overcome obstacles and turbulent stages in life is automatically formed, and everything simply seems easier.
In all fields of our life trust is there. Professionally, personally or even socially, the commitment to deliver and to confide is present. Trusting in oneself is where it begins, as one grows, creates and establishes selective relationships with this merit. Even in times of rough seas, when our trust may be shattered, one must keep his head up high and regain what has been lost, as difficult as it may seem, as it is impossible to move forward without trust.
Here we have gathered a variety of quotes that will inspire and motivate you. Also you will find some food for thought for a more uplifting and inspirational outlook.
Table of Contents
- Inspirational Trust Quotes
- Best Short Quotes About Trust
- Insightful Quotes About Trusting Yourself
- Funny Trust Quotes
- Love And Trust Quotes
- Beautiful Friendship Trust Quotes
- Important Quotes About Trust Issues
- Broken Trust Quotes
- Famous Trust Quotes
- Powerful Trust God Quotes
- Trust Quotes on Images
Inspirational Trust Quotes
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. William Shakespeare
- All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust. Peter Pan
- The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
- Loving someone is giving them the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to.
- Few delights can equal the mere presence of one whom we trust utterly.
- For somehow this is tyranny’s disease, to trust no friends.
- Men trust their ears less than their eyes. Herodotus
- I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
- To conquer the unknown you must trust. Yogi Bhajan
- What have we to fear, we who believe?
- I don’t trust words, I trust actions. Unknown
- Trust everybody, but cut the cards. Finley Peter Dunne
- The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool. Stephen King
- I believe in trusting. Trust begets trust. Suspicion is foetid and only stinks. He who trusts has never yet lost in the world.
- Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.
- But for me there are only two classes: the people I trust and the people I don’t.
- Few things can help an individual more than to place responsibility on him, and to let him know that you trust him.
- Trust is the easiest thing in the world to loose, and the hardest thing in the world to get back. R. Williams
- There’s never a reason to trust someone. If there’s a reason, then it’s not trust.
- You must trust and believe in people, or life becomes impossible. Anton Chekhov
- Put more trust in nobility of character than in an oath. Solon
- Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.
- Trust is like a vase, once it’s broken, though you can fix it, the vase will never be same again. Walter Anderson
- Take the first step. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
- Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. Rita Mae Brown
- Twenty times better to err on the person than suspicious of everyone.
- Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men is primarily based on mutual trust.
- You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
- Trust is like the air we breathe – when it’s present, nobody really notices; when it’s absent, everybody notices. Warren Buffett
- Nothing is so capable of overturning a good intention as to show distrust of it; to be suspected for an enemy is often sufficient to make a person become one.
- Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. Kahlil Gibran
- Loyalty, which asserts the continuity of past and future, binding time into a whole, is the root of human strength; there is no good to be done without it.
- Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement. Alfred Adler
- If you are honest, truthful, and transparent, people trust you. If people trust you, you have no grounds for fear, suspicion or jealousy.
- Remember, you can’t do all the work. Be content to help a patient realize what must be done and then trust his or her own desire for growth and change.
- For if you know what you want, and will be content with it, you can be trusted. But if you do not know, your desires are limitless and no one can tell how to deal with you.
- Faith is a state of openness or trust. To have faith is like when you trust yourself to the water. You don’t grab hold of the water when you swim, because if you do you will become stiff and tight in the water, and sink. You have to relax, and the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging, and holding on.
- Ultimately, there can be no complete healing until we have restored our primal trust in life.
- Whatever the clouds plan to do; I always trust in the sun which never fails to come out. Munia Khan
- To some extent I happily don’t know what I’m doing. I feel that it’s an artist’s responsibility to trust that.
Best Short Quotes About Trust
- He who does not trust enough, will not be trusted. Lao Tzu
- Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.
- To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.
- Don’t trust people who tell you other people’s secrets.
- Those who trust us educate us. George Eliot
- What loneliness is more lonely than distrust?
- Love cannot live where there is no trust.
- Trust is built with consistency. Lincoln Chafee
- The deep roots never doubt spring will come.
- Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. Friedrich Nietzsche
- If you are untrustworthy, people will not trust you.
- Trust your vibes; energy doesn’t lie. Paulo Coelho
- I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh. Maya Angelou
- Learning to trust is one of life’s most difficult tasks.
- A man becomes trustworthy when you trust him.
- Trust is built when no one is looking. Seth Godin
- All it takes is faith and trust. Disney, Peter Pan
- Because he has nothing to prove, people can trust his words. Lao Tzu
- You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist. Indira Gandhi
- Trust one who has gone through it. Virgil
- One should never go by what people say.
- It is an equal failing to trust everybody, and to trust nobody. English Proverb
Insightful Quotes About Trusting Yourself
- As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Take no one’s word for anything, including mine – but trust your experience. James Baldwin
- Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.
- Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray. Rumi
- Self trust is the essence of heroism. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Self-trust is the first secret of success. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.
- Wise men put their trust in ideas and not in circumstances. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A man who doesn’t trust himself can never truly trust anyone else. Cardinal de Retz
- You must train your intuition – you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide.
- If you cannot trust yourself, you cannot even trust your mistrust of yourself – so that without this underlying trust in the whole system of nature you are simply paralyzed.
- The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself. Michel de Montaigne
- The master observes the world but trusts his inner vision. He allows things to come and go. He prefers what is within to what is without.
- It is hard to see why we should not turn round and mistrust this very mistrust. Should we not be concerned as to whether this fear of error is not just the error itself?
Funny Trust Quotes
- I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn’t like a person.
- One should never trust a woman who tells one her real age. A woman who would tell one that would tell one anything. Oscar Wilde
- A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.
- In God we trust, all others we virus scan. Unknown
- Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain. J.K. Rowling
- Tell people there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. George Carlin
- Trust is like blood pressure. It’s silent, vital to good health, and if abused it can be deadly. Frank Sonnenberg
- The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself. Winston Churchill
Love And Trust Quotes
- Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.
- Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
- Love meant jumping off a cliff and trusting that a certain person would be there to catch you at the bottom.
- The best proof of love is trust. Joyce Brothers
- I believe that in matters of the heart there is no such thing as compromise. Love means that you give each other everything.
- Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. Stephen Covey
- Find someone to love and to get lost in. Find someone to depend on and to trust fully.
- Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.
Beautiful Friendship Trust Quotes
- Trust no friend without faults, and love a woman, but no angel.
- It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them. When he in whom you confide is one who does not fail his friends, you may trust him fully.
- The shifts of fortune test the reliability of friends.
- Friendship makes you feel as one with your friend.
- Be courteous to all but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. George Washington
- Love sometimes injures. Friendship always benefits. After friendship is formed you must trust, but before that you must judge.
- But when you are looking on anyone as a friend when you do not trust him as you trust yourself, you are making a grave mistake, and have failed to grasp sufficiently the full force of true friendship.
- When you open yourself up mentally, you do so only with someone you trust from the bottom of your heart, someone you feel very close to. To open yourself up in this way is an important step in overcoming mental problems.
- In a good season one trusts life; in a bad season one only hopes, But they are of the same essence: they are the mind’s indispensable relationship with other minds, with the world, and with time. Without trust, a man lives, but not a human life; without hope, he dies.
Important Quotes About Trust Issues
- Trusting no man as his friend, he could not recognize his enemy when the latter actually appeared.
- The treacherous are ever distrustful.
- Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt. Eric Sevareid
- One must be fond of people and trust them if one is not to make a mess of life. E.M. Forster
- Doubt … is an illness that comes from knowledge and leads to madness.
- I never trusted anybody at all. I don’t know why it was so hard, I just didn’t.
- You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
- I trust no one, not even myself. Joseph Stalin
- Don’t trust the heart, it wants your blood.
- An English traveller relates how he lived upon intimate terms with a tiger; he had reared it and used to play with it, but always kept a loaded pistol on the table.
Broken Trust Quotes
- For trust not him that hath once broken faith.
- I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.
- Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it.
- It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. William Blake
Famous Trust Quotes
- I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.’ … There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.
- Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them.
- I never trust people with no appetite. It’s like they’re always holding something back on you.
- The people when rightly and fully trusted will return the trust. Abraham Lincoln
- I used to take on trust a man’s deeds after having listened to his words. Now having listened to a man’s words I go on to observe his deeds.
- Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.
- It is only prudent never to place complete confidence in that by which we have even once been deceived.
- Trust that man in nothing who has not a conscience in everything.
- Distrust naturally creates distrust, and by nothing is good will and kind conduct more speedily changed. John Jay
- It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust. Samuel Johnson
- Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters. Albert Einstein
- No gasp at a miracle that is truly miraculous because the magic lies in the fact that you knew it was there for you all along.
- Very often inertia, selfishness, and vanity play the greatest role in our trust in others; inertia when we prefer to trust somebody else, in order not to investigate, be vigilant, or act ourselves; selfishness when the desire to speak about our own affairs tempts us to confide in someone else; vanity when it concerns something that we are proud of.
- In the meantime, cling tooth and nail to the following rule: not to give in to adversity, not to trust prosperity, and always take full note of fortune’s habit of behaving just as she pleases.
- It’s still very difficult for me to rely. Your weakness, the blessing of your weakness is it forces you into friendships. The things that you lack, you look for in others.
- Our doubts are traitors,
and make us lose the good we oft might win,
by fearing to attempt.
- Be silent and safe — silence never betrays you;
Be true to your word and your work and your friend;
Put least trust in him who is foremost to praise you,
Nor judge of a road till it draw to the end.
- In following the Way, the noble-minded treasure three things: a manner free of violence and arrogance, a countenance full of sincerity and trust, a voice free of vulgarity and impropriety.
Powerful Trust God Quotes
- Above all, trust in the slow work of God.
- Hope is great but Faith is the greatest!
- Faith is, above all, openness – an act of trust in the unknown.
- Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
- He who cares for the sparrows and numbers the hairs of our head, cannot possibly fail us.
- None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.
- Trust is that rare and priceless treasure that wins us the affection of our heavenly Father.
- Faith in God is an opening up, a letting go, a deep trust, a free act of love.
- Deep, contended joy comes from a place of complete security and confidence [in God] – even in the midst of trial.
- What is needed is an impossible situation where one has to renounce one’s own will and one’s own wit and do nothing but wait and trust to the impersonal power of growth and development.
- It takes years and maturity to make the discovery that the power of faith is nobler than the power of doubt; and that there is a celestial wisdom in the ingenuous propensity to trust, which belongs to honest and noble natures.
Trust Quotes on Images
You May Also Like:
92 Quotes About Justice (That Will Make You Question What Is Fair)
A Very Famous Leap | 144 Faith Quotes
Reality Check | 150+ Honesty Quotes