A Very Famous Leap | 144 Faith Quotes
While hope lives in the mind, faith stems in the heart and spirit. When life gets, hard it is faith that is the knowledge, deep down inside that assures you that things will get better. Many will strive to follow in God’s will so as to strengthen it. As the air one breathes nourishes the body, it is this that nourishes the heart and soul. Hanging on to it may not be at all easy at times but with its power one will stand tall again in no time. We all use it in ourselves to move on and overcome obstacles, and in others to continue honest relationships. As it is the evidence of believing, it is this that proves it all in the end result.
Whether it’s the belief in religion, in another person or in oneself, there is joy, support, values and forgiveness. Faith teaches us to live in the present and act toward our fellow human beings with honesty and consideration. It is the belief of the things we hope for but haven’t yet received. The confidence and trust in the invisible, that you wish will happen. Without it one’s hopes disappear and when in life we stumble and fall, it is faith that gives us the strength to carry on. Everyone believes and are motivated to accomplish more and live better. However, when we lose it from time to time, many find it quite difficult to continue without as the void is intense. That’s when other believers step in and help regain that lost belief or strengthen it.
Here you will come across a great variety of quotes that reestablish it, find the courage to find it again and believe in it so as to continue life joyfully and happily and hope and accomplish one’s ambitions for the future.
Best Faith Quotes
- To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
- Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.
- All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
- A man of courage is also full of faith. Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
- Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up
- Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.
- He who believes needs no explanation.
- Without faith a man can do nothing; with it all things are possible. Sir William Osler
- Some things have to be believed to be seen.
- I have great faith in fools – self-confidence my friends will call it.
- We must be careful more than ever what we let our hearts believe in.
- It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.
- Reason is in fact the path to faith, and faith takes over when reason can say no more.
- A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
- Reason is our soul’s left hand, Faith her right. John Donne
- Faith is like love: it does not let itself be forced.
- Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation. D. Elton Trueblood
- Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
- Even the merest gesture is holy if it is filled with faith.
- If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they’d immediately go out.
- Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
- He who has not God in himself cannot feel His absence.
- Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
- He is cured by faith who is sick of fate.
- Doubt everything. Find your own light.
- I had to deny knowledge in order to make room for faith.
- To have faith is precisely to lose one’s mind so as to win God.
- Faith is stronger than so-called reason.
- Belief creates the actual fact.
- If you want to fly, grow wings of faith.
- Faith is not knowledge of an object but communion with it.
- It would be the height of absurdity to label ignorance tempered by humility “faith”!
- Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.
- Faith is the gaze of a soul upon a saving God.
- Some things have to be believed to be seen.
- Your faith was strong, but you needed proof…
- Doubt isn’t the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.
- Keep the faith.
- We will experience the life we have the faith to experience.
- …for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Inspirational Faith Quotes
- Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore, seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand.
- Prejudice, a dirty word, and faith, a clean one, have something in common: they both begin where reason ends.
- Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.
- Each of us has an inner dream that we can unfold if we will just have the courage to admit what it is. And the faith to trust our own admission. The admitting is often very difficult.
- I perceive God everywhere in His works. I sense Him in me; I see Him all around me.
- Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them.
- Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them. Elisabeth Elliot
- If we cling to belief in God, we cannot likewise have faith, since faith is not clinging but letting go. Alan Watts
- As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.
- All things are inconstant except the faith in the soul, which changes all things and fills their inconstancy with light.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?
- God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.
- The keys to patience are acceptance and faith. Accept things as they are, and look realistically at the world around you. Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen. Ralph Marston
- The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.
- Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.
- Faith is not Desire. Faith is Will. Desires are things that need to be satisfied, whereas Will is a force. Will changes the space around us.
- Sometimes I think it is my mission to bring faith to the faithless, and doubt to the faithful.
- The desire for a strong faith is not the proof of a strong faith, rather the opposite. If one has it one may permit oneself the beautiful luxury of skepticism: one is secure enough, fixed enough for it.
- Life is doubt, and faith without doubt is nothing but death.
- Back of every creation, supporting it like an arch, is faith. Enthusiasm is nothing: It comes and goes. But if one believes, then miracles occur.
- Science adjusts its views based on what’s observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
- I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.
- A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. Mother Teresa
- You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore. William Faulkner
- Faith and love are apt to be spasmodic in the best minds. Men live the brink of mysteries and harmonies into which they never enter, and with their hands on the door-latch they die outside.
- What we call rational grounds for our beliefs are often extremely irrational attempts to justify our instincts.
- Faith is a marvel, and yet no human being is excluded from it; for that in which all human life is united is passion, and faith is a passion.
- Creativity requires faith. Faith requires that we relinquish control. Julia Cameron
- And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. Roald Dahl
Leap Of Faith Quotes
- Leap, and the net will appear.
- Leap of faith yes, but only after reflection. Soren Kierkegaard
- It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable.
- Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
- Love meant jumping off a cliff and trusting that a certain person would be there to catch you at the bottom.
- There are many talented people who haven’t fulfilled their dreams because they overthought it, or they were too cautious, and were unwilling to make the leap of faith. James Cameron
Faith Over Fear Quotes
- Let your faith be bigger than your fears. Unknown
- Feed your faith and your fear will starve. Unknown
- None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.
- Fear is the glue that keeps you stuck. Faith is the solvent that sets you free. Shannon L. Alder
- Faith is unseen but felt, faith is strength when we feel we have none, faith is hope when all seems lost. Catherine Pulsifer
- When fear knocks, let faith answer the door. Robin Roberts
- I see heaven’s glories shine,
And faith shines equal, arming me from fear.
- You are entitled to know that two entities occupy your body. One of these entities is motivated by and responds to the impulse of fear. The other is motivated by and responds to the impulse of faith. Will you be guided by faith or will you allow fear to overtake you?
Faith And Love Quotes
- Confidence in others’ honesty is no light testimony of one’s own integrity. M
- Faith makes all things possible. Love makes them easy.
- Faith is love taking the form of aspiration.
- True love asks no questions, makes no reservations, but puts itself unconditionally into the hands of the loved one. P
- Believe in a love that is being stored up for you like an inheritance, and have faith that in this love there is a strength and a blessing so large that you can travel as far as you wish without having to step outside it.
“Have Faith” Quotes
- Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith. Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Above all, trust in the slow work of God.
- If you have abandoned one faith, do not abandon all faith. There is always an alternative to the faith we lose. Or is it the same faith under another name?
- It takes years and maturity to make the discovery that the power of faith is nobler than the power of doubt; and that there is a celestial wisdom in the ingenuous propensity to trust, which belongs to honest and noble natures.
Faith In God Quotes
- Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
- God does not require that we be successful only that we be faithful.
- Faith in God includes Faith in God’s timing.
- Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right. Max Lucado
- Faith is the highest passion in a human being. Many in every generation may not come that far, but none comes further.
- He who thinks half-heartedly will not believe in God; but he who really thinks has to believe in God.
- Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them. Mahalia Jackson
- All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
- Ηe who loves God without faith reflects on himself, while the person who loves God in faith reflects on God.
- The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.
- Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.
- It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.
- A man who is intimate with God is not intimidated by man.
- Faith is no irresponsible shot in the dark. It is a responsible trust in God, who knows the desires of your hearts, the dreams you are given, and the goals you have set. He will guide your paths right. Robert Schuller
- Disappointments are just God’s way of saying “I have got something better”, be patient, have faith, trust God. Unknown
Christian Quotes About Faith
- I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
- We are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves is never alone.
- I am as sure as I live that nothing is so near to me as God. God is nearer to me than I am to myself; my existence depends on the nearness and the presence of God.
- When faith replaces doubt, when selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings to pass His purposes.
- The life of faith is not a life of mounting up with wings, but a life of walking and not fainting.
- Do not think that we say that these things are only to be received by faith, but also that they are to be asserted by reason. For indeed it is not safe to commit these things to bare faith without reason, since assuredly truth cannot be without reason.
- The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.
- Unless you are willing to do the ridiculous, God will not do the miraculous. When you have God, you don’t have to know everything about it; you just do it.
- The Christian should work as if all depended upon him, and pray as if it all depended upon God.
- To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.
- Faith is not so much something we believe; faith is something we live.
Bible Quotes About Faith
- All things are possible for one who believes. Mark 9:23
- Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. John 7:38
- And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. Matthew 21:22 ESV
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. John 11:25-26
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24
- So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17 ESV
- And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6 ESV
- Then Jesus answered her, ‘O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.’ And her daughter was healed instantly. Matthew 15:28
Famous Quotes About Faith
- In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t. Blaise Pascal
- I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.
- Take all that you can of this book upon reason, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a happier man.
- It is not as a child that I believe and confess Jesus Christ. My hosanna is born of a furnace of doubt.
- When every hope is gone, ‘when helpers fail and comforts flee,’ I find that help arrives somehow, from I know not where. Supplication, worship, prayer are no superstition; they are acts more real than the acts of eating, drinking, sitting or walking. It is no exaggeration to say that they alone are real, all else is unreal.
- In order to have faith in his own path, he does not need to prove that someone else’s path is wrong.
- There lives more faith in honest doubt, believe me, than in half the creeds.
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence. Helen Keller
- I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in the kindness of human beings. I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon it that I cannot think of heaven and angels.
- The majority of my patients consisted not of believers but of those who had lost their faith.
- Human life is under the absolute dominion of two mighty principles, fear and hope, and that any one who can make these serve his ends may be sure of rapid fortune.
- The man who was once starved may revenge himself upon the world not by stealing just once, or by stealing only what he needs, but by taking from the world an endless toll in payment of something irreplaceable, which is the lost faith. A
- Faith is a fine invention
When gentlemen can see,
But microscopes are prudent
In an emergency.
Faith Quotes On Images