65 Green Quotes About the Color of Rebirth and Harmony
It is the color of Mother Nature. Fresh, vibrant and intense, green symbolizes rebirth and harmony. When we think of the color green we instantly conjure up images of trees, rich greenery and fertile pastures. Pleasing and relaxing to the human eyes, green evokes intense feelings of calmness and tranquility, as the following green quotes will show.
Apart from the obvious universal symbolism of ecological and environmental consciousness, green represents different things around the world. Revered as the favorite color of the prophet Muhammad, green is the sacred color of Islam, while in Japanese culture, green is associated with eternal life.
In Hindu Tantrism green is the color of the heart chakra or Anahata (meaning “unbeaten”) and is associated with the heart, lungs and circulatory system, symbolizing love and compassion. Corresponding to the element of air, the heart chakra connects the physical and spiritual worlds.
Created by a combination of blue and yellow colors, green is calming but also revitalizing. It has the healing power to alleviate stress and anxiety and infuses our psyche with hope and enthusiasm. Optimizing our physical and mental balance, green promotes love, emotional wellness and harmony and symbolizes optimism and new beginnings. Individuals with a preference to green tend to display highly developed social skills and are great decision makers. They are confident and dependable, making great partners and loyal friends.
Here we have collected for you the most inspirational and vibrant Green quotes that you can access anytime you need to surround yourself with positive energy. Share them with loved ones to brighten their day! Use them as a caption to pair perfectly with your Instagram post! Add some green to your day, it has the healing power to transform your mood and broaden your perspective of life for the better!
Table of Contents
- Aesthetic Green Quotes
- Short Green Quotes To Caption Your Best Photos
- Inspirational Quotes About the Color Green
- Green Quotes From Poems
Aesthetic Green Quotes
Green is the color of balance, having the power to enhance positive emotions and weaken negative vibes. It is no wonder therefore why it has such a profound influence on our emotional and mental well-being!
- Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises. Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- Green is the fresh emblem of well founded hopes. In blue the spirit can wander, but in green it can rest. Mary Webb
- Nature in her green, tranquil woods heals and soothes all afflictions. John Muir
- Learn of the green world what can be thy place in scaled invention or true artistry. Ezra Pound
- I am in love with this green Earth. Charles Lamb
- I can breathe where there is green. Green grows hope. It keeps my heart beating and helps me remember who I am. Courtney M. Privett
- Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or passion. On exhausted men, this restfulness has a beneficial effect, but after a time it becomes tedious. Wassily Kandinsky
- Green strongly influences the heart and helps alleviate tension. Positive qualities associated with green are generosity, humility, and cooperation. Foods of the green vibration are all green fruits and green vegetables. Tae Yun Kim
- He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals. Oscar Wilde
- My favorite color is jungle green. At least, that’s what it said on the side of my favorite crayon in first grade. I don’t know if it’s an official color. Mike Posner
- Our green valleys will be greener once we fully grasp the infinite vitality of the green! Mehmet Murat ildan
- Dark green is my favorite color. It’s the color of nature and the color of money and the color of moss! Leonardo DiCaprio
- Every green natural place we save saves a fragment of our sanity and gives us a little more hope that we have a future. Wallace Stegner
- Green makes me think of silence, or maybe it’s loneliness. I get the feeling of a terribly distant star. Kobo Abe
- They say it’s better to bury your sadness in a graveyard or garden that waits for the spring to wake from its sleep and burst into green. Conor Oberst
- By the way, most of the light that comes from the sun is green. Bill Nye
- Deep in the meadow , under the willow , a bed of grass , a soft green pillow. Suzanne Collins
- They’ll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never. Pablo Picasso
- If your knees aren’t green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life. Bill Watterson
- I just need green. I need to wake up and see grass and squirrels. I don’t want to see skyscrapers. Andre Leon Talley
- If I find a green meadow splashed with daisies and sit down beside a clear-running brook, I have found medicine. It soothes my hurts as well as when I sat in my mother’s lap in infancy, because the Earth really is my mother, and the green meadow is her lap. Deepak Chopra
- Nature, when undisturbed, is never monotonous, you know. Even when using green, the most frequent color on her palette, she throws in contrasting tints by way of expression, and you will seldom see two sides of a leaf of the same hue, and the leaf stem frequently gives a good dash of bronze or purple. Mabel Osgood Wright
Short Green Quotes To Caption Your Best Photos
A hand-picked collection of one-liner quotes that will make great captions and pair perfectly with your green aesthetic photos!
- It’s not easy being green. Kermit the Frog
- Stay green, stay in the woods, and stay safe. Karl Pilkington
- The future will either be green or not at all. Bob Brown
- No one thinks of winter when the grass is green. Rudyard Kipling
- Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart. Russell Page
- But the grass ain’t always greener on the other side, It’s green where you water it. Justin Bieber
- It’s good to touch the green, green grass of home. Tom Jones
- All our wisdom is stored in the trees. Santosh Kalwar
- An angel visited the green earth, and took a flower away. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Green calm below, blue quietness above. John Greenleaf Whittier
- Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart. Russell Page
- Remember, green’s your color. You are spring. Gwendolyn Brooks
- All theory, dear friend, is gray, but the golden tree of life springs ever green. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The pine stays green in winter… wisdom in hardship. Norman Douglas
- You are green, it is true; but they are green also. You are all green alike. Abraham Lincoln
- I think I look great in green, and I’m going to start wearing more green. Garry Shandling
- Do something green today. Unknown
- Even in winter it shall be green in my heart. Frederic Chopin
- All in green went my love riding. E. E. Cummings
- And an equation is the same whether it’s written in red or green ink. Vikram Seth
- Beautiful as a dandelion-blossom golden in the green grass, this life can be. Edna St. Vincent Millay
Inspirational Quotes About the Color Green
Whenever you need some positive influence and energy, these inspirational quotes will uplift your mood, filling you with optimism and hope!
- Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come. Lois Lowry
- Beauty, strength, youth, are flowers but fading seen;
Duty, faith, love, are roots, and ever green.
- Green is a label for a certain attitude to life, a certain kind of respect that one might have for the very source of things that we take for granted. Annie Lennox
- For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green. J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
- As long as you’re green, you’re growing. As soon as you’re ripe, you start to rot. Ray Kroc
- The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green. Thomas Carlyle
- A man who contemplates revenge keeps his wounds green. Francis Bacon
- The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh. Rumi
- For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver. Martin Luther
- Green in nature is one thing, green in literature another. Nature and letters seem to have a natural antipathy; bring them together and they tear each other to pieces. Virginia Woolf, Orlando
- I love green. Green is the color of nature, trees. I’m a tree freak. I spend a lot of my time planting trees, nurturing them, and studying them. It’s one of the colors I couldn’t live without. John Boorman
- I had to live in the desert before I could understand the full value of grass in a green ditch. Ella Maillart
- An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight… the truly wise person is colorblind. Albert Schweitzer
- Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness. Ludwig Wittgenstein
- Keep the corners of your mouth turned up. Speak in a low, persuasive tone. Listen; be teachable. Laugh at good stories and learn to tell them…For as long as you are green, you can grow. Mother Teresa
- With the gun, you can make the earth red but if you have a plow you can make the earth green. Narendra Modi
Green Quotes From Poems
A collection of quotes about the color green from expressive poems that will engage your emotions and ignite your imagination!
- O that it might remain eternally green,
The beautiful time of youthful love.
- Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly. Pablo Neruda
- Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
- I don’t reproach the spring
for starting up again.
I can’t blame it
for doing what it must
year after year.
I know that my grief
will not stop the green.
- When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it. William Blake
- Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches. Federico Garcia Lorca
If you like it, pin it!
You May Also Like: