36 Cactus Quotes About the Flowers of the Desert
They are plants but they do not have leaves, and they come in a variety of strange shapes. Some people find them unattractive while others believe they are absolutely beautiful! To native Americans they symbolize maternal love and protection. Truth to be told, cacti are different from all other plants… and as the joke goes, they are the reason coyotes howl at night. Why? Because they can only see the cacti in daytime!
When we think of cactus we conjure up scenes of vast, arid deserts from the far west and frontier movies of classic American cinema, where conditions are so extreme for life that only the cactus can survive. Its ability to stand up to the hot desert weather and blossom makes the cactus a symbol of endurance, nature’s survival master.
The cactus is life’s paradigm of adaptability and resilience, teaching us that no matter what life throws at us, we have to adjust and keep pushing on because through the hardships we will grow and bloom into something beautiful. But there is also another important lesson that the cactus imparts, that looks can be deceiving and although someone may look intimidating and scary on the outside, they can be quite soft on the inside.
Here we have curated for you the most inspirational cactus quotes that you can access whenever you need to surround yourself with positive energy. Share them with your loved ones and friends to motivate them! Use them as a caption to pair perfectly with your Instagram and social media posts! Reflect upon them to open your mind to a wider perspective of life’s endless possibilities!
Best Cactus quotes
A compilation of select cactus quotes that evoke positivity and will make lit captions for Instagram and social media posts!
- Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns. Leigh Bard Ugo
- In a world full of flowers, be a cactus. Kul Bhushan Negi
- If a flower can flourish in the desert, you can flourish anywhere. Mashona Dhimaya
- People trample over flowers, yet only to embrace a cactus. James Joyce
- Deserts never believe in cactus. Seeds so. Deepak Gupta
- Adolescence is like cactus. Anais Nin
- I had forgotten that talking to you is like trying to pet a cactus. Ilona Andrews
- My dad is like a cactus – introverted and tough. Gary Anarchic
- Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson
- Hope is not a resting place but a starting point – a cactus, not a cushion. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- What a surprise. That boy doesn’t have the sense God gave a cactus. Kathleen Peacock
- If seeds waited for perfect conditions to grow, there would be no plants in the desert. Mashona Dhimaya
- During your struggle society is not a bunch of flowers, it is a bunch of cacti. Amit Kalanithi
- Play with a cactus and you will get pricked! Anthony T. Hincks
- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it. Joyce Meyer
- What is the difference between a cactus and a conservative caucus? On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside. John Diefenbaker
- I want my body to help fertilize the growth of a cactus or cliff rose or sagebrush or tree. Edward Abbey
- A cactus doesn’t live in the desert because it likes the desert; it lives there because the desert hasn’t killed it yet. Hope Jahren
- I’m an observer of life. I like to watch people, and I like to watch cactus. I like to talk to mountains and communicate with my friends in the other spheres and dimensions. Frederick Lenz
Cute Cactus Quotes
If you are looking for some witty and playful cactus quotes, then look no further!
- A cactus is a desert’s rose. Matshona Dhliwayo
- Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus. Unknown
- If you get struck by a cactus, consider it a cactus kiss. Because we all know love hurts. Jessica Anna Jones
- A daisy blooming in a desert is worth more than a rose blossoming in a rainforest. Mashona Dhimaya
- People are not cactuses, they need plenty of water and, when talking about friendship, the water is our time. Birute Sol
- Loving you is like loving a cactus. And I was enjoying doing so, but the mistake I did, I kept expecting flowers to come… Nawin Tiwary
- If one can see beauty in the strength of how a cactus blooms in the desert. They would see beauty in the thorns it displays. Reena Sharma
- A cactus could’ve loved any other cactus, but love is such a crazy stuff that it only fell for a ballon where their togetherness is impracticable. Fathima Shamla
- Loving you is like loving a cactus. Because when I want to give you love and care you repeatedly cheat on me, and hurt me, just as a thorn hurt a person. Satamanyu Sadangi
- The seed of your love that you’re trying to sow in my barren heart … I wonder, if it grows into a cactus tomorrow, will you embrace it with the same passion you’re sowing it today …??? Divya P.S. Rawat
Funny Cactus Quotes
We all know that laughter is the best medicine and these funny cactus quotes will certainly put a smile on your face, some of them are really sharp!
- Don’t jack off a cactus, you’ll only hurt your hand and the cactus’ feelings. Tre Cool
- I hate cactuses. They are such a prick. Punny Leone
- Be sharp like a cactus, people are afraid to touch and not a sort of rubbish. Sophieya
- I read books so dry even a cactus couldn’t grow on them. Jarod Kintz
- I’m like the trunk of a cactus… I take in a dose of culture and time with friends, then I retreat and go live on it for a while until I get thirsty again. Nancy Horan
- I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert. Demetri Martin
- You know you’re an Arizona native when you hug a cactus only once in your lifetime. Nancy Dedera Cactus classification is similar to fashion on women skirts: they first shorten improperly and then lengthen excessively. R. Foster
You May Also Like: