70 Growth Quotes to Inspire a Better and Happier Life
Growth is a natural process of life, a transformation that involves change. Some changes are triggered by factors outside our control while others are self-induced by a desire to improve ourselves. True, most people resist change due to fear of the unknown. We are creatures of habit and we tend to resist anything that is outside our comfort zone or is perceived as unpredictable, but change is what makes us grow and move forward in life.
Instead of shying away from change we need to embrace it and view it not as a threat but as an opportunity for our personal growth and development, to expand our mental and emotional capabilities and nurture our spirit to become a more confident, compassionate and evolved person. By allowing ourselves to change we can reach our full potential, achieve our goals and be happy in every area of our life.
This postulates a positive, growth oriented mindset, to open our eyes to new ways of life, to realize our weaknesses and assume new roles, to be brave and not fear failure because every change bears a seed for our personal growth in the form of new skills, new experiences, new insights and the promise to be the best we can be and have a more meaningful and successful life!
Here we have curated for you the most inspirational quotes about growth to help you start your day with a positive mood. Share them with loved ones and friends in order to motivate them! Use them as a caption to spritz a note of open mindedness to your Instagram and social media posts! Bookmark them or save on your phone as a daily boost on your path to a better and brighter future!
- 1 Best Growth Quotes to Help you Realize your Strength
- 2 Positive Quotes on Living with a Growth Mindset
- 3 Motivational Quotes on Personal Growth and Development
- 4 Change and Growth Quotes that will help you Accept Progress
- 5 Self-Growth Quotes that will Ease your Doubts and your Fears
- 6 Deep Quotes on Spiritual Growth
- 7 Inspirational Growth Quotes to think about how things and people are Developing
Best Growth Quotes to Help you Realize your Strength
Here is a collection of the most powerful quotes on Growth.
- You only grow when you are alone. Paul Newman
- Mistakes are the growing pains of wisdom. William Jordan
- What makes night within us may leave stars. Victor Hugo
- By daily dying, I have come to be. Theodore Roethke
- There’s only one growth strategy: work hard. William Hague
- The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire. Richard M. Nixon
- Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength. Sigmund Freud
- My destination is no longer a place, rather a new way of seeing. Marcel Proust
- Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. Edward Abbey
- Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. John F. Kennedy
- Every problem is a gift – without problems we would not grow. Anthony Robbins
- What Youth deemed crystal, Age finds out was dew. Robert Browning
Positive Quotes on Living with a Growth Mindset
Through imagination and optimism, you can grow better each day.
- Don’t go through life, grow through life. Eric Butterworth
- The power of imagination makes us infinite. John Muir
- Don’t let your habits become handcuffs. Elizabeth Berg
- We must go on, because we can’t turn back. Robert Louis Stevenson
- We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are. Oprah Winfrey
- We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it. Rick Warren
- Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle. Nemo Nox
- One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again. Abraham Maslow
Motivational Quotes on Personal Growth and Development
A life with no hardships is what everyone wishes for; yet it is proved that through adversities we grow to become better!
- Personal growth has its price, and she was paying it without complaint. Paulo Coelho
- The swiftest way to triple your success is to double your investment in personal development. Robin Sharma
- An education is not so much about making a living as making a person. Tara Westover
- A single day is enough to make us a little larger or, another time, a little smaller. Paul Klee
- Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you are. Cherie Carter-Scott
- We find comfort among those who agree with us – growth among those who don’t. Frank A. Clark
- Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul? John Keats
- Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
- There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind – you are the one who hears it. Michael A. Singer
Change and Growth Quotes that will help you Accept Progress
Change lies in the core of life; the philosophy in these quotes is clear: embrace change and welcome your new self in a new world.
- If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. Anatole France
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Maya Angelou
- Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong. Mandy Hale
- Sometimes, being true to yourself means changing your mind. Self changes, and you follow. Vera Nazarian
- We cannot grow when we are in shame, and we can’t use shame to change ourselves or others. Brené Brown
- Grown up, and that is a terribly hard thing to do. It is much easier to skip it and go from one childhood to another. Scott Fitzgerald
- Small shifts in your thinking, and small changes in your energy, can lead to massive alterations of your end result. Kevin Michel
- We are not trapped or locked up in these bones. No, no. We are free to change. And love changes us. And if we can love one another, we can break open the sky. Walter Mosley
Self-Growth Quotes that will Ease your Doubts and your Fears
How and when does growth happen? What does it take for a person to grow? Read these insightful quotes and keep your faith!
- Keep growing quietly and seriously throughout your whole development. Rainer Maria Rilke
- I want to be as idle as I can, so that my soul may have time to grow. Elizabeth von Arnim
- Find out what a person fears most and that is where he will develop next. Carl Jung
- When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow. Shauna Niequist
- Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment. Stephen Covey
- The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The body grows slowly and steadily but the soul grows by leaps and bounds. It may come to its full stature in an hour. M. Montgomery
- A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. I’m that diamond. Solange Nicole
- You’re growing and that scares people, it frightens the shit out of them because they know if they don’t step up within themselves you’ll move forward without them. Nikki Rowe
Deep Quotes on Spiritual Growth
Peace, tranquility, and wisdom are the gifts for those who have a contemplative nature.
- Your inner strength is your outer foundation. Allan Rufus
- Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality. Robin Sharma
- Simplify your life. You don’t grow spiritual, you shrink spiritual. Steve Maraboli
- Thoughts don’t become things; thoughts ARE things. Eric Micha’el Leventhal
- Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak. Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- A man does not have to be an angel to be a saint. Albert Schweitzer
- Never allow your ego to diminish your ability to listen. Gary Hopkins
- Your pain is a school unto itself–– and your joy a lovely temple. Aberjhani
- God is whispering in your heart, in the whole existence, just tune your ears. Amit Ray
- Evil originates not in the absence of guilt; but in our effort to escape it. Shannon L. Alder
- What if everything you have been taught is all a lie and everything you feel is all a truth? Nikki Rowe
- Spirituality is not adopting more beliefs and assumptions but uncovering the best in you. Amit Ray
- When every situation which life can offer is turned to the profit of spiritual growth, no situation can really be a bad one. Paul Brunton
- The problem that we have with a victim mentality is that we forget to see the blessings of the day. Because of this, our spirit is poisoned instead of nourished. Steve Maraboli
Inspirational Growth Quotes to think about how things and people are Developing
These quotes provide some answers to the questions about the definition of growth and the experience of it.
- Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still. Chinese Proverb
- Acquiring wisdom is great but it is not the goal, applying it is. Idowu Koyenikan
- An authentic and genuine life grows like a sturdy tree. And like a tree, it grows slowly. Steve Goodier
- And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin
- There is no beauty in sadness. No honor in suffering. No growth in fear. No relief in hate. It’s just a waste of perfectly good happiness. Katerina Stoykova Klemer
- Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are. Bernice Johnson Reagon
- Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it. Andy Rooney
- When you think this pain is all you deserve, you are right. You are the only one that can decide how long you will walk in hell. Shannon L. Alder
- Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves. Swami Vivekananda
- It comes to him: growth is betrayal. There is no other route. There is no arriving somewhere without leaving somewhere. John Updike
If you like it, pin it!