64 Wise Quotes About Saving Money to Inspire You to Spend Less
“Save a penny for a rainy day”, grandma used to say, in order to teach us the value of saving money and be financially secure in case of life’s unexpected events.
The importance of saving money to support you during hard times and help you steer through the uncertainties of life cannot be overemphasized. It will help you have something to fall back on, avoiding debt and the anxiety and stress associated with it. As we all have different priorities in life so we save for different reasons. Some save in order to buy a bigger house, or to send kids to college, it all depends on each individual’s visions of life and since we cannot predict the future, saving money provides us with financial freedom and makes our life more secure.
However, to save money takes discipline and may require certain sacrifices. It is not about how much you make but how much you can keep and unless you make saving money a priority you will not be able to enjoy financial freedom. Sure, it is hard to resist the instant pleasure in the interest of long-term goals, and although it is quite natural sometimes to buy things simply because you want them, the problem starts when impulse buying becomes a way of life and you get addicted to the dopamine rush of a spending spree that jeopardizes your financial future. Keep it simple! Do not buy more than you need and do not spend before you earn. Less is more, so make saving a habit and you will never regret it!
Here we have collected for you the most inspirational about saving money and spending wisely. Share them with your friends and loved ones in order to motivate them! Reflect upon them to reframe your thinking and enjoy a meaningful and blissful life!
Short Quotes About Saving Money
These short, one-liner quotes will help you appreciate the value of saving money and encourage you to spend less! Use them as captions to inspire confidence on your Instagram and social media posts!
- Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving. Warren Buffett
- Saving is the gap between your ego and your income. Morgan Housel
- He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself. Swedish Proverb
- A penny saved is a penny earned. Benjamin Franklin
- Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship. Benjamin Franklin
- A man who both spends and saves money is the happiest man, because he has both enjoyments. Samuel Johnson
- Don’t go broke trying to look rich.Unknown
- A bargain ain’t a bargain unless it’s something you need. Sidney Carroll
- Never spend your money before you have it. Thomas Jefferson
- It is never too early to encourage long-term savings. Ron Lewis
- You can make money two ways – make more, or spend less. John Hope Bryant
- Money amassed either serves us or rules us. Horace
- Personally, I tend to worry about what I save, not what I spend. Paul Clitheroe
- Being a smart shopper is the first step to getting rich. Mark Cuban
- You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. Dave Ramsey
- Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are. James W. Frick
- It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan. Eleanore Roosevelt
- Once you really accept that spending money doesn’t equal happiness, you have half the battle won. Ernest Callenbach
- Prosperity is the fruit of labor. It begins with saving money. Abraham Lincoln
- The art is not in making money, but in keeping it. Unknown
- It is thrifty to prepare today for the wants of tomorrow. Aesop
- If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed. Edmund Burke
- Being frugal does not mean being cheap! It means being economical and avoiding waste. Catherine Pulsifer
- He who will not economize will have to agonize. Confucius
- By sowing frugality we reap liberty, a golden harvest. Agesilaus
Funny Saving Money Quotes
A collection of witty and sassy quotes that will make you see the funny side of saving money and help you start your day with a smile!
- If saving money is wrong, I don’t want to be right! William Shatner
- While money can’t buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery. Groucho Marx
- Money in the bank is like toothpaste in the tube. Easy to take out, hard to put back. Earl Wilson
- Rich people stay rich by living like they’re broke. Broke people stay broke by living like they’re rich. Unknown
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
- All I ask is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy. Spike Milligan
- Money looks better in the bank account than on your feet. Sophia Amoruso
- When money realizes that it is in good hands, it wants to stay and multiply in those hands. Idowu Koyenikan
- The man who stops advertising to save money is like the man who stops the clock to save time. Thomas Jefferson
- A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking about real money. Everett Dirksen
- It’s curious that only in Washington can you spend $2 billion and claim that you’re saving money. Rand Paul
Inspirational Quotes About Saving Money
A list of enlightening, thought provoking quotes to help you realize that having a cushion in times of financial hardship will ensure that the quality of your life will not be compromised!
- Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want, to impress people that they don’t like. Will Rogers
- The world is divided into two kinds of people, those who spend a great deal of time saving money, and those who spend a great deal of money saving time. Peter Cochrane
- So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money? Ayn Rand
- A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went. John C. Maxwell
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind. T.T. Munger
- The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. Henry David Thoreau
- Save money on the big, boring stuff so that you have something left over for life’s little pleasures. Elisabeth Leamy
- Wealth is the ability to fully experience life. Henry David Thoreau
- By definition, saving – for anything – requires us to not get things now so that we can get bigger ones later. Jean Chatzky
- Focus on all four of your net worth factors: increasing your income, increasing your savings, increasing your investment returns, and decreasing your cost of living by simplifying your lifestyle. T. Harv Eker
- Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things. Elise Boulding
- A penny here, and a dollar there, placed at interest, goes on accumulating, and in this way the desired result is attained. It requires some training, perhaps, to accomplish this economy, but when once used to it, you will find there is more satisfaction in rational saving than in irrational spending. P. T. Barnum
- Money, like emotions, is something you must control to keep your life on the right track. Natasha Munson
Famous Saving Money Quotes
A collection of wisdom packed quotes by some famous people and celebrities that will inspire positive influence and boost your confidence to make saving money a habit!
- Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Wealth consists not in having great possessions but in having few wants. Epictetus
- Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffett
- It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for. Robert Kiyosaki
- Save one third, live on one-third, and give away one-third. Angelina Jolie
- When I was young I used to think that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old, I know it is. Oscar Wilde
- It is great wealth to a soul to live frugally with a contented mind. Lucretius
- If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting. Benjamin Franklin
- Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future. Though we need nothing at the moment it insures the possibility of satisfying a new desire when it arises. Aristotle
- The single biggest difference between financial success and financial failure is how well you manage your money. It’s simple: to master money, you must manage money. T. Harv Eker
- There is a gigantic difference between earning a great deal of money and being rich. Marlene Dietrich
- Getting straight with your money is as complicated as a trip to the grocery store: You need a comparison shop, add and subtract, stick with a plan, and ask questions — nothing more. Elizabeth Warren
- Deprive yourself on nothing necessary for your comfort, but live in an honorable simplicity and frugality. John McDonough
- There is no surer method of economizing and saving money than in the reduction of the number of officials. Winston Churchill
- Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this. Dave Ramsey
- Resolve not to be poor: whatever you have, spend less. Poverty is a great enemy to human happiness; it certainly destroys liberty, and it makes some virtues impracticable, and others extremely difficult. Samuel Johnson
There are numerous examples of millionaires whose wealth evaporated within a short time due to their extravagant lifestyle. Money is not for ridiculous flexes of wealth, trying to impress people with your lavish way of living, but a means to help you enjoy a quality life. Do not get attached to material things of a fleeting nature but invest in things of real value that give meaning to life and will help you grow. The essence of life lies in the little, everyday things!
If you like it, pin it!
You May Also Like: