50 Scary Halloween Movie Quotes for the Best Holiday Terror
Fall is in and the chills are already here! Halloween is upon us and everyone’s entitled to his share of a good scare! These famous Halloween movie quotes will help with that.
Autumn leads us towards the winter through a mysterious and magical scenery. We may not yet believe that the spirits of the dead are coming back to earth to cause trouble to the living, but Halloween is still enchanting kids and grown-ups. The old traditions, like pumpkin decoration, spooky costume wearing, gathering around bonfires and trick or treat caroling are part of people’s childhood memories for generations. But in the last century a new tradition has emerged: scary Halloween movies!
It’s been a long time now that hosting a movie night at home before getting dressed up and going out is a Halloween must-do! And there’s a long list of films to choose from, like Hocus Pocus, The Addams Family or The Nightmare Before Christmas to Scream, The Exorcist and Silence of the Lambs. It only depends on your taste and your resistance to fear!
In this article we have gathered for you the best famous quotes from classic Halloween movies that will put you right into the spooky spirit!
Table of Contents
- Short Favorite Halloween Movie Quotes for Messages and Instagram Captions
- Famous Quotes from Halloween Movies that We All Love
- Scary Halloween Movie Quotes to Get You into the Holiday Spirit
Short Favorite Halloween Movie Quotes for Messages and Instagram Captions
These movie quotes will deliver your frightful message loud and clear in just a few words! Enjoy and share with your friends!
- Be afraid… Be very afraid. The Fly
- Halloween is upon us. Hubie Halloween
- I’m a ghost with the most, babe. Beetlejuice
- Tasty, tasty, beautiful fear! It
- It’s showtime! Beetlejuice
- It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus! Max, Hocus Pocus
- Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep. A Nightmare on Elm Street
- You can’t kill the boogeyman! Halloween
- That’s right. I am the pumpkin king! The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Being normal is vastly overrated. Halloweentown
- Can I keep you? Casper
- Don’t torture yourself, Gomez. That’s my job. The Addams Family
- What an excellent day for an exorcism. The Exorcist
- Have you come to sing pumpkin carols? It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Hi I’m Chucky, wanna play? Child’s Play
- It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus! Hocus Pocus
- I’m a mouse, duh. Mean Girls
Famous Quotes from Halloween Movies that We All Love
Deadly magic, haunting witchcraft, zombies, vampires and ghosts can look scary and funny at the same time. Here are the most popular lines of those weird dark heroes we love!
- It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare. Halloween
- Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick. Hocus Pocus
- No, please don’t kill me, Mr. Ghostface, I wanna be in the sequel. Scream
- I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color. The Addams Family
- Let’s turn on the juice and see what shakes loose. Beetlejuice
- It’s a full moon tonight. That’s when all the weirdos are out. Hocus Pocus
- – Go to hell!
– I’ve been there, thank you. I found it quite lovely. Hocus Pocus
- Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it! Nightmare Before Christmas
- We’ve got to find Jack! There are only 365 days until the next Halloween! The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Do you have to open graves to find girls to fall in love with? The Mummy
- This is my costume. I’m a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else. The Addams Family
- Magic is really very simple, all you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it. Halloweentown
- On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be. Love Letters to the Dead
- I mean, nobody around here really appreciates my taste in weird stuff. Halloweentown
- She preferred cats to human beings and turned down every offer from the men who fell in love with her. Practical Magic
- Don’t you blame the movies. Movies don’t create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative! Scream
- A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage. Practical Magic
- She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true. November Snow
- Well, it says to form a circle of salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends. Hocus Pocus
Scary Halloween Movie Quotes to Get You into the Holiday Spirit
You’ll need a lot of candy for these movie quotes, since they are the scariest ones!
- I see dead people. The Sixth Sense
- I’m gonna eat your brains, and gain your knowledge. Planet Terror
- Isn’t the view beautiful? It takes my breath away. Well, it would if I had any. Corpse Bride
- When there is no room left in hell, the dead will walk the earth. Dawn of the Dead
- You are too precious for words, why I could just. . . eat you alive! The Addams Family
- I do wish we could chat longer, but I’m having an old friend for dinner. Silence of the Lambs
- I’m a messenger of God. You’re doomed if you stay here! This place is cursed. Cursed! Friday the 13th
- Last night you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again. The Addams Family
- I’m every nightmare you’ve ever had. I’m your worst dream come true. I’m everything you ever were afraid of. It
- Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? Dracula
Funny and scary as it is, Halloween is an expression of people’s feelings on the circle of life and death. Its deeper meaning goes right into the core of the human psyche and the eternal struggle between agony and hope. Being unable to alter our fate, yet past and present civilizations have had and still have the bravery to transmute our deepest fears to a unique celebration! Happy Halloween to all – not shallow at all!
If you like it, pin it!
You may also like: