75 Quotes about Knowledge to Inspire and Motivate you on your Pursuit of the Truth
As humans we are innately curious and inquisitive about everything around us, and in our search for answers we acquire knowledge through observation, learning or from practical experience in life. As these knowledge quotes demonstrate, knowledge carries the promise of progress, it allows us to approach things from different perspectives, exercise critical thinking, challenge ideas, solve problems and understand the world around us. Through the application and sharing of knowledge we have made scientific discoveries that provided solutions to many problems, answers to our questions about the cosmos and made our lives easier.
Knowledge has no beginning and no end. There is no limit to what one can learn and in this sense every day we are changing. However, knowledge is not meant to be hoarded, else it remains just an untapped source of unexploited potential. Knowledge is of value when shared and applied insightfully and with sound judgement. When it is life and time tested and gone through the sieve of experience it then becomes wisdom – true understanding of the nature of things!
Unlike knowledge, wisdom cannot be taught. It begins in wonder, requires understanding, and perspective. It means being curious and full of questions, starting from your own self. So, observe, understand and reason to “know thy self”, because knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom!
Here we have curated for you the most inspirational quotes about knowledge and wisdom to help you start your day with joy. Share them with loved ones and friends in order to motivate them! Use them as captions to create buzz on your Instagram and social media posts! Reflect upon them to broaden your perspective and gain insight into the true meaning of life!
Table of Contents
- Short Knowledge Quotes that Will Make you Evaluate its Importance in Life
- Positive Quotes about the Effect of Sharing Knowledge
- Wisdom and Knowledge Quotes for a Deeper Understanding on How They Are Connected
- Motivational Education and Knowledge Quotes for Students and Teachers
- Famous Quotes about Knowledge and the Realization of its Vastness
Short Knowledge Quotes that Will Make you Evaluate its Importance in Life
Here are some short but meaningful quotes that will help you appreciate the importance of having knowledge and using it in a positive way.
- Our feelings are our most genuine paths to knowledge. Audre Lorde
- Knowledge is a better weapon than a sword. Patricia Briggs
- Great minds are always feared by lesser minds. Dan Brown
- The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing. Isaac Asimov
- You can only be afraid of what you think you know. Jiddu Krishnamurti
- All knowledge hurts. Cassandra Clare
- Belief is the wound that knowledge heals. Ursula K. Le Guin
- The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge. Napoleon Hill
- It was better to know the worst than to wonder. Margaret Mitchell
- Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know. Michel de Montaigne
- Doubt … is an illness that comes from knowledge and leads to madness. Gustave Flaubert
- Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. Bruce Lee
- True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it. Karl R. Popper
- Knowledge kills action; action requires the veils of illusion. Friedrich Nietzsche
- It is sometimes easier to be happy if you don’t know everything. Alexander McCall Smith
- We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. L. Mencken
- The truth is like salt. Men want to taste a little, but too much makes everyone sick. Joe Abercrombie
- A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. Marcus Garvey
- Remember my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker. Bram Stoker
- No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire. Frank Baum
- The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends. Friedrich Nietzsche
- Knowledge is like a lion; it cannot be gently embraced. South African Proverb
- Knowledge cannot replace friendship. I’d rather be an idiot than lose you. Patrick to Spongebob
Positive Quotes about the Effect of Sharing Knowledge
These quotes will shed some light on sharing knowledge that is the basis of scientific progress and the key to success in general.
- Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it. Lao Tzu
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality. Dalai Lama XIV
- Sharing knowledge is sharing wealth. Andrew-Knox B Kaniki
- Knowledge is a tool, and like all tools, its impact is in the hands of the user. Dan Brown
- Sharing knowledge is not part of Western culture. Fons Trompenaars
- In vain have you acquired knowledge if you have not imparted it to others. Deuteronomy Rabbah
- The power of human thought grows exponentially with the number of minds that share that thought. Dan Brown
- The problems are solved, not by giving new information, but by arranging what we have known since long. Ludwig Wittgenstein
- It does not matter where you go and what you study, what matters most is what you share with yourself and the world. Santosh Kalwar
- Sharing knowledge is the most fundamental act of friendship. Because it is a way you can give something without loosing something. Richard Stallman
- Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- To help, to continually help and share, that is the sum of all knowledge; that is the meaning of art. Eleonora Duse
- A lot of people really like to answer questions, and they really enjoy sharing their knowledge. Especially people who have valuable knowledge. Adam D’Angelo
Wisdom and Knowledge Quotes for a Deeper Understanding on How They Are Connected
Knowledge is the fruit of the constant quest of truth and is an on-going process, as we keep making new discoveries on any subject. Wisdom, however, is not defined as a certain quantity of knowledge but in qualitative terms; deeper understanding and awareness is required.
- Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. Alfred Lord Tennyson
- We understand more than we know. Margaret Atwood
- Knowledge is marvelous, but wisdom is even better. Kay Redfield Jamison
- Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. Will Durant
- To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe. Marilyn vos Savant
- The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend. Robertson Davies
- I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better. Maya Angelou
- Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense. Gertrude Stein
- When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense. Kahlil Gibrán
- Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? S.T. Eliot
- The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery. Anais Nin
- Knowledge is power. Power to do evil…or power to do good. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil. Veronica Roth
- Opinion is usually something which people have when they lack comprehensive information. Idries Shah
- All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason. Immanuel Kant
- Nature is the source of all true knowledge. She has her own logic, her own laws, she has no effect without cause nor invention without necessity. Leonardo da Vinci
Motivational Education and Knowledge Quotes for Students and Teachers
These quotes explain the liberating power of knowledge; therefore they can serve as a perfect motivation to keep on studying.
- The more you study, the more you know; how less you know. Imran Khan
- Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
- To light a candle is to cast a shadow… Ursula K. Le Guin
- Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it. Alan Moore
- No one is going to give you the education you need to overthrow them. Assata Shakur
- A little Learning is a dangerous Thing. Alexander Pope
- The real test of ‘knowledge’ is not whether it is true, but whether it empowers us. Yuval Noah Harari
- I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think. Socrates
- The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B. King
- Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. Kurt Vonnegut
- The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change. Carl R. Rogers
- Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. Kofi Annan
- Knowledge-like the sky- is never private property. No teacher has a right to withhold it from anyone who asks for it. Teaching is the art of sharing. Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Without knowledge, skill cannot be focused. Without skill, strength cannot be brought to bear and without strength, knowledge may not be applied. Alexander the Great
Famous Quotes about Knowledge and the Realization of its Vastness
There is no end to what a man can know – new information and deeper awareness are added every day to continuously alter our inner selves as well as the world around us.
- Any fool can know. The point is to understand. Albert Einstein
- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
- There is no wealth like knowledge, and no poverty like ignorance. Buddha
- What is now proved was once only imagined. William Blake
- An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin
- Information is not knowledge. Albert Einstein
- I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people. Isaac Newton
- All men by nature desire to know. Aristotle
- I have always thirsted for knowledge, I have always been full of questions. Hermann Hesse
- The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Daniel J. Boorstin
- There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance. Hippocrates
- I had to deny knowledge in order to make room for faith. Immanuel Kant
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. Elbert Hubbard
- To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge. Nicolaus Copernicus
- For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
- To know that you do not know is the best.
To think you know when you do not is a disease.
Recognizing this disease as a disease is to be free of it. Lao Tzu
- Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. James Madison
If you like it, pin it!
You May Also Like: