Music Revolution | 100+ Famous Quotes About Music
Out of all the art that the human kind has devised, music is the most direct and the closest one to our life’s pace. Even today, the sound of music unites, makes thousands of people hum a tune sung live at a concert, and is one of the principal types of art used for actual healing. Nietzsche said that ‘without music, life would be a mistake’ and Leonard Bernstein pointed out that ‘music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable’. As a medium, music can be considered as vital as the air we breathe.
No wonder why so many famous people emphasized the importance that this type of artistic expression has for the entire mankind. Our collection of famous music quotes comes to prove that there is probably nothing negative to say about man’s idea to hit objects and instruments that produce frequencies in order to express the infinity of our soul.
- Music is healing. Music holds things together. Prince
- Music is an addiction. Miles Davis
- You can tell a lot about my moods from my music. So instead of asking if I’m OK, ask me what song I’m listening to.
- I have a therapist. Her name is music.
- Music fills the infinite between two souls.
- The beautiful thing is, music can be like a time machine. One son -the lyrics, the melody, the mood- can take you back to a moment in time like nothing else can.
- Music is my painkiller.
- Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. Plato
- Music is a piece of art that goes in the ears straight to the heart.
- Music helps me when no one else does.
- Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand. Stevie Wonder
- I like my music so loud, I can’t hear my thoughts.
- Melomaniac (noun): One who is passionate about music.
- Where words fail, music speaks.
- Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence. Robert Fripp
- When someone ask you to listen to a song, it’s because the lyrics means everything they’re trying to say.
- Music is what feelings sound like.
- Music is a safe kind of high. Jimi Hendrix
- Let us read. And let us dance: These two amusements will never do any harm to the world. Voltaire
- Knowing a person is like music, what attracts us to them is their melody, and as we get to know who they are, we learn their lyrics.
- Music helps me forget about the world I live in.
- Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.
- Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. Ronald Reagan
- To learn music is to learn a whole new language.
- I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things. Tom Waits
- People ar like Music; some speak the truth and others are just noise.
- Music knows more about the kind of mood I’m in than I do.
- I find it really attractive when someone has a good taste in music.
- Dear music, I will never be able to thank you enough for always being there for me.
- The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. Bach
- Was he a beast if music could move him so? Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis
- Lose yourself in the things you love for that is where you will find yourself too.
- Music is therapy. Music moves people. It connects people in ways that no other medium can. It pulls heart strings. It acts as a medicine. Macklemore
- Music is the bridge between heaven and earth.
- Music: it says all the things that words alone can never say.
- Music is the art of thinking with sounds.
- Music is life, that’s why our hearts have beats.
- Music to me is like breathing. I don’t get tired of breathing, I don’t get tired of music. Ray Charles
- Music is our safety net. It catches us when we fall. Kimberley James
- Some people have lives. Some people have music.
- Music is my way out, music is my way of getting away, music is another life, sometimes music is all you need to get away to that world no one knows about.
- The earth has music for those who listen. William Shakespeare
- Music is an outburst of the soul.
- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach
- Hey music, thanks for the therapy.
- And suddenly, all the love songs were about you.
- Make joyful noise unto the lord. The Bible
- No music… no life…
- Music on – world off.
- Sometimes I fit into lyrics more than I fit into life.
- Music is my connection to what the world doesn’t know about me.
- Singing is my life. It has always been my life. It will always be my life. Celia Cruz
- A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. Leopold Stokowski
- Music is the poetry of the air. Richter
- People want to hear songs with the words they’re afraid to say.
- To play without passion is inexcusable. Beethoven
- Music calms my soul.
- Taste in music was always my deal breaker.
- All deep things are song. It seems somehow the very central essence of us, song; as if all the rest were but wrappages and hulls! Thomas Carlyle
- If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. Gustav Mahler
- Why waste money on psychotherapy when you can listen to the B Minor Mass? Michael Torke
- If the King loves music, it is well with the land. Mencius
- Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. Ludwig van Beethoven
- He who sings scares away his woes. Cervantes
- Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. Maya Angelou
- Were it not for music, we might in these days say, the Beautiful is dead. Benjamin Disraeli
- Musical compositions, it should be remembered, do not inhabit certain countries, certain museums, like paintings and statues. The Mozart Quintet is not shut up in Salzburg: I have it in my pocket. Henri Rabaud
- What feeling feels like over time. An attempt to screw up what feeling feels like over time. Heartbreak and a high C…. The often welcome melodic lie…. The soul’s undersong. The orchestration of randomness, a flirtation with the boundaries of silence and space…. a reminder that the self wants to disappear, be taken away from itself and returned. Stephen Dunn
- There’s music in the sighing of a reed;
There’s music in the gushing of a rill;There’s music in all things, if men had ears:
Their earth is but an echo of the spheres.
- And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. Friedrich Nietzsche
- And, in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. Paul McCartney
- There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it. Minnie Aumonier
- If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die. William Shakespeare
- People haven’t always been there for me but music always has. Taylor Swift
- The Most Inspirational Modern Song Lyrics
- If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. Albert Einstein
- People worry about kids playing with guns, and teenagers watching violent videos; we are scared that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands – literally thousands – of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss. Nick Hornby
- One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Arthur O’Shaughnessy
- It’s no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn’t even speak to each other if they met at a party. Nick Hornby
- No one imagines that a symphony is supposed to improve as it goes along, or that the whole object of playing is to reach the finale. The point of music is discovered in every moment of playing and listening to it. It is the same, I feel, with the greater part of our lives, and if we are unduly absorbed in improving them we may forget altogether to live them. Alan Watts
- Where words leave off, music begins. Heinrich Heine
- If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week. Charles Darwin
- There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — music and cats. Albert Schweitzer
- Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here! J.K. Rowling
- Music is … A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy. Ludwig van Beethoven
- Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. Maya Angelou
- Play it fuckin’ loud! Bob Dylan
- Music is to the soul what words are to the mind. Modest Mouse
- Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies. Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t. Johnny Depp
- My ambition was to live like music. Mary Gaitskill
- Music is part of being human.
- To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable. Aaron Copland
- If I can’t dance to it, it’s not my revolution. Emma Goldman
- Music… can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable. Leonard Bernstein
- When you make music or write or create, it’s really your job to have mind-blowing, irresponsible, condomless sex with whatever idea it is you’re writing about at the time. Lady Gaga
- Who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once. Robert Browning
- To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it. Osho
- I just can’t listen to any more Wagner, you know…I’m starting to get the urge to conquer Poland. Woody Allen
- If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it. John Lennon
- Music is everybody’s possession. It’s only publishers who think that people own it. John Lennon
You may also like:
99 Dance Quotes That Will Make You Move Your Feet
49 Dance Captions for the Figures that Show Off Your Talent
Words of Lioness | 120+ Amy Winehouse Quotes
64 Pink Floyd Quotes About the Space Between Us