One Person’s Car… | 51 Famous Car Quotes for Tireless Drivers
Surely there are relationships with people, but then there are also really special relationships with things that define you. A car can be a truly valuable asset for some of us – and its money worth is not the reason.
These memorable car quotes compiled below come from some of the world’s most renowned personalities and cover a wide variety of themes. So, whether thought-provoking sayings about cars are what you need or you are just in search of something humorous, we’ve got all that here.
Love Quotes for Cars
There are things that are valuable and there’s an entire category of valuable things for cars.
- The cars we drive say a lot about us. Alexandra Paul
- A car is like a mother-in-law – if you let it, it will rule your life. Jaime Lerner
- The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound. Marshall McLuhan
- All human males were as fascinated with cars as they were with breasts. Anita Clenney
- Always focus on the front windshield and not the review mirror. Colin Powell
- Money may not buy happiness, but I’d rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus. Françoise Sagan
- With each replacement of parts, a car slowly becomes Chinese. Mr. Kuniyasu
- By the end of the 1950s, American cars were so reliable that their reliability went without saying even in car ads. Thousands of them bear testimony to this today, still running on the roads of Cuba though fueled with nationalized Venezuelan gasoline and maintained with spit and haywire. P. J. O’Rourke
- In 1950, when the Giants signed me, they gave me $15,000. I bought a 1950 Mercury. I couldn’t drive, but I had it in the parking lot there, and everybody that could drive would drive the car. So it was like a community thing. Willie Mays
- I’m probably more dangerous in a car than I am on a motorbike; on a bike I’m very mindful of the fact that if you make a mistake, you’re dead. James McAvoy
- When you have a great car, you want people to see the car. Andris Nelsons
- There’s three things men always talk about – women, sports, and cars. Mario Lopez
- A dream without ambition is like a car without gas… you’re not going anywhere. Sean Hampton
- I couldn’t find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself. Ferdinand Porsche
- There’s a lot of stress… but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window. Dan Brown
- The way I drive, the way I handle a car, is an expression of my inner feelings. Lewis Hamilton
- One person’s car is another person’s scenery. Jonathan Ive
- Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car. E. B. White
- The fact is I don’t drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car’s reactions, becoming part of it. Enzo Ferrari
- Shoes make an outfit; they’re like rims for a car. Omari Hardwick
- Automobiles have always been part of my life, and I’m sure they always will be. What is it about them that moves me? The sound of a great engine, the unity and uniqueness of an automobile’s engineering and coachwork, the history of the company and the car, and, of course, the sheer beauty of the thing. Edward Herrmann
- I’m a typical guy. Driving cars and speed are really fun. Luke Mably Cars are the sculptures of our everyday lives. Chris Bangle A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments. Mario Andretti
- See, when you drive home today, you’ve got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you’ve got a little bitty rearview mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rearview mirror is so small is because what’s happened in your past is not near as important as what’s in your future. Joel Osteen
- I love fast cars… and to go too fast in them. Lara Flynn Boyle
- The time is right for electric cars – in fact the time is critical. Carlos Ghosn
- Consumers do not want a perceived cheap car; they want a car to flaunt. A car is as much about status and identity as it is about transport. Jens Martin Skibsted
- You’re safer in the race car than you are in cars going to and from the track. Mario Andretti
- Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth. Erma Bombeck
- We at BMW do not build cars as consumer objects, just to drive from A to B. We build mobile works of art. Chris Bangle
- I really do encourage other manufacturers to bring electric cars to market. It’s a good thing, and they need to bring it to market and keep iterating and improving and make better and better electric cars, and that’s what going to result in humanity achieving a sustainable transport future. I wish it was growing faster than it is. Elon Musk
- It’s like driving your car. If you drive too fast on the highway, you will topple, so you better maintain your speed. Life is similar to that, and that’s the way you have to control your head. A. R. Rahman
- When consumers purchase a Toyota, they are not simply purchasing a car, truck or van. They are placing their trust in our company. Akio Toyoda
- I have two or three cars that I like, but today, Ferrari would be the best car I have driven in terms of being an impressive car. Ratan Tata
- I love everything from old-school cars to whatever the latest muscle or luxury vehicles are. Ludacris
- I love vintage cars because you can do so much more to them. T-Pain
- Modern motor vehicles are safer and more reliable than they have ever been – yet more than 1 million people are killed in car accidents around the world each year, and more than 50 million are injured. Why? Largely because one perilous element in the mechanics of driving remains unperfected by progress: the human being. Tom Chatfield
Funny Car Quotes
They don’t call it a ‘craze’ for nothing…
- If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments. Earl Wilson
- I’m a crazy car guy. I’ve got an airplane hangar full of cars. Paul Walker
- I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car’s headlights and tell you exactly which way it’s coming. Mitch Hedberg
- The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it. Dudley Moore
- I had to stop driving my car for a while… the tires got dizzy. Steven Wright
- I’ve always been asked, ‘What is my favorite car?’ and I’ve always said ‘The next one.’ Carroll Shelby
- Women are like cars: we all want a Ferrari, sometimes want a pickup truck, and end up with a station wagon. Tim Allen
- We’re in a giant car heading towards a brick wall and everyone’s arguing over where they’re going to sit. David Suzuki
- When you’re in a race car, you’re going through so many different emotions throughout that race. Jeff Gordon
- In the distant future, people may outlaw driving cars because it’s too dangerous. You can’t have a person driving a two-ton death machine. Elon Musk
New Car Quotes
Buying a new car can be a milestone in someone’s life, so no wonder they might want to talk about it.
- If this is adulthood, I may be able to handle the price tag.
- When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife. Prince Philip
- When you drive the road you want, you get to choose the vehicle that takes you there.
- A new car is not going to change your life. Monica Ali
- My first love triangle – me, my brand new car, and everything else.
- Every new car, you open the door, and you look at all those internal mellifluous swoopy bits, and they have no meaning. Jonathan Ive
- Smells like new, shining, makes me smile: yeap, it’s new.