Best 68 Jealousy Quotes to Inspire an Emotional Detox
“O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; it is the green ey’d monster, which doth mock the meat it feeds on.” This famous line from Shakespeare’s tragedy “Othello”, a story about an African general who gets tricked into suspecting his wife of adultery, illustrates the destructive power of jealousy and how it toys with the victims it ultimately devours. The following jealousy quotes will try to follow that dark feeling of the human soul.
Whether we feel envy because of coveting someone’s possession, personality or social status, or we are jealous for perceiving a third party as a threat to a valued relationship of ours, in essence we are talking about the same toxic emotion that fixates us on others, eventually entangling us in a destructive downward spiral of obsession that may lead to paranoid and delusional behavior. So, what may seem as a natural and “innocent” internal longing, if fed by unjustified fears and neuroticism, it can take control over our lives and prove detrimental for us and those around us.
At the root of jealousy lies fear, low self-esteem and lack of confidence. We are jealous because we feel inadequate and inferior to other people, be it in our personal or professional relationships, however, life is not about comparing ourselves to others or feeling sad for not having what someone else owns. We should adopt an abundance mindset, realizing that there is plenty out there for everybody. Each one of us is unique, so embrace your uniqueness and be grateful and appreciative for what you have in life!
Here we have collected for you the most inspirational quotes on jealousy to help you brush off negative vibes. Share them with loved ones and friends in order to motivate them! Use them as captions to spread positivity to your Instagram and social media posts!
Table of Contents
- Powerful Jealousy Quotes to Reflect upon this Feeling
- Insightful Quotes about Envy and Jealousy to Help you See how Harmful they are
- Competition Jealousy Quotes to Help you Focus on you own Success
- Inspirational Quotes on the Vicious Cycle of Jealousy and Insecurity
- Quotes about Jealousy in Love and Relationships to Stimulate your Awareness
- Famous Jealousy Quotes from Othello to Motivate you Let Go of this Feeling
- Funny Quotes about Family Jealousy to help you Take It Easy with your Relatives
Powerful Jealousy Quotes to Reflect upon this Feeling
If you feel drowning into the toxic feeling of jealousy, then these short but powerful quotes will help you think deeply and evaluate the situation you are in.
- Nothing brings on jealousy like laughter. Françoise Sagan
- Jealousy blurs the focus. Toba Beta
- Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon. Paris Hilton
- Jealousy is the great exaggerator. Johann Christoph Friedrich Von Schiller
- Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. G. Wells
- What is jealousy but a reflection of your own failures? Michael Connelly
- Jealousy is a dog’s bark which attracts thieves. Karl Kraus
- Jealousy is a keen observer, but looks for all the wrong signs. Henry Louis Mencken
- Jealousy is when you count someone else’s blessings instead of your own. Amanda Metcalf
- Anger, resentment, and jealousy don’t change the heart of others – it only changes yours. Shannon Alder
- Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they want to find a flaw. Gosho Aoyama
- My jealousy is a living thing. Shifting, changing, growing. Like my rage and my mother’s regret. Katja Millay
- You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself. Margaret Atwood
Insightful Quotes about Envy and Jealousy to Help you See how Harmful they are
These wise quotes showcase the negative effect of these feelings in one’s own life.
- He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. Buddha
- Whoever envies another confesses his superiority. Samuel Johnson
- Envy is for people who don’t have the self-esteem to be jealous. Bauvard
- Envy is the central fact of American life. Gore Vidal
- Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy. François de La Rochefoucauld
- A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30
- Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. Carrie Fisher
Competition Jealousy Quotes to Help you Focus on you own Success
Successful people win the competition by staying committed to their personal goals; therefore, a positive attitude, free from the distraction of jealousy, is the safest way to success.
- Jealousy is love in competition. Toba Beta
- Fame is a jealous mistress
And will brook no rival. Tiruvalluvar
- The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you. Bette Midler
- The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. Salvador Dali
- Never hate jealous people. They are jealous because they think you are better than them. Paulo Coelho
- Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run. George Bernard Shaw
- I definitely don’t feel a sense of jealousy or competition, and that’s a really good feeling. Ariel Pink
- I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition. Shannon L. Alder
Inspirational Quotes on the Vicious Cycle of Jealousy and Insecurity
These quotes will definitely help you realize that jealousy triggers insecurity and vice versa, leading us to a dead-end in our lives. Start working on your confidence now!
- Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. Robert A. Heinlein
- Bigotry and judgement are the height of insecurity. Jasmine Guy
- People confuse ego, lust, insecurity with true love. Simon Cowell
- Inside it drives me crazy, my insecurities could eat me alive. Eminem
- I was feeling insecure you might not love me anymore. John Lennon
- Most bad behavior comes from insecurity. Debra Winger
- I think what ruins relationships and causes more fights is insecurity. Olivia Wilde
- As your insecurity becomes nourished our relationship becomes poisoned. Steve Maraboli
- A coward talks to everyone but YOU. Shannon L. Alder
- A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Robert A Heinlein
- Man will do many things to get himself loved; he will do all things to get himself envied. Mark Twain
- If you’re jealous of someone else it simply means you have not come to a true acceptance and appreciation of yourself. Rasheed Ogunlaru
- Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights. Shannon L. Alder
Quotes about Jealousy in Love and Relationships to Stimulate your Awareness
Who hasn’t got a story to tell about a love affair that has been ruined by jealousy? These awakening quotes can serve as a reminder and a guidance for the times you feel frustrated and disoriented in your personal life.
- Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretence of keeping it alive. Havelock Ellis
- It is not love that is blind, but jealousy. Buddha
- In jealousy, there is more of self-love than love. Francois De La Rochefoucault
- Love has its own dark morality when rivalry enters in. Thomas Hardy
- A jealous husband is an ugly thing. Keith Ablow
- The lovesick, the betrayed, and the jealous all smell alike. Colette
- His veins were dark with a vivid belladonna tincture, the essence of jealousy. Charlotte Brontë
- I am jealous of anyone who can make other people care so much. David Levithan
- I love being in love, but I also love other things, like not being jealous, overly sensitive, or needy. Dark Jar Tin Zoo
- Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up? Sean Covey
- Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it,
For jealousy dislikes the world to know it. Lord Byron
- Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. George Eliot
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Corinthians 13:4
- Jealousy isn’t a pleasant quality, but if it isn’t overdone (and if it’s combined with modesty), apart from its inconvenience there’s even something touching about it. Milan Kundera
- Earthquakes just happen. Tornadoes just happen. Your tongue does not just happen to fall into some other girls mouth! Gemma Halliday
- A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart. Leo Buscaglia
Famous Jealousy Quotes from Othello to Motivate you Let Go of this Feeling
Shakespeare’s Othello is not only a wonderful play, but also a timeless essay on the poisonous and detrimental character of jealousy; the aftermath of it is always a disgraceful degradation that may lead even to death.
- O, beware, my lord, of jealousy!
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on. William Shakespeare
- Trifles light as air
Are to the jealous confirmations strong
As proofs of holy writ. William Shakespeare
- But jealous souls will not be answered so.
They are not ever jealous for the cause,
But jealous for they’re jealous. It is a monster
Begot upon itself, born on itself. William Shakespeare
- Why, why is this?
Think’st thou I’d make a life of jealousy.
To follow still the changes of the moon
With fresh suspicions? No. To be once in doubt
Is once to be resolved…. William Shakespeare
- He hath a person and a smooth dispose –
To be suspected, framed to make women false.
The Moor is of a free and open nature
That thinks men honest that but seem to be so,
And will as tenderly be led by th’ nose
As asses are. William Shakespeare
Funny Quotes about Family Jealousy to help you Take It Easy with your Relatives
They say that you choose your friends, but you cannot choose your family – and jealousy is surely a key reason in the creation of a toxic family. These quotes are perfect to read and share; you will send good vibes while delivering a clear message!
- I enjoy slaughtering beasts, and I think of my relatives constantly. Roger Zelazny
- I have a theory of relatives, too. Don’t hire ’em. Jack L Warner
- My relatives used to laugh when I talked of being a writer. Taylor Caldwell
- Relatives are the worst friends, said the fox as the dogs took after him. Danish Proverb
- It isn’t necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy. Groucho Marx
- I’ve been so fortunate in my life that my family has never been jealous of my success. They have shown true love and commitment to me by being supportive. They shared in it. Mike Krzyzewski
- JEALOUS, adj. Unduly concerned about the preservation of that which can be lost only if not worth keeping. Ambrose Bierce
If you like it, pin it!
You may also like: